Sterile Processing Technician
Company: Emory University Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Emory Healthcare, we integrate science and caring to change the
face of health care. Our team members are courageous individuals
who are willing to challenge the status quo and help find solutions
to complex problems. Were empowered to influence change for, and
with, our patients, their families, the community and each
As one of the leading academic medical systems, were eager to share
what we learn with hospitals around the country, and the world.
Weve got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission to lead
the way in developing new and better approaches to preventing and
treating disease, and our patients get treatments years before
We are hiring experienced sterile processing techs at:
- Emory University Hospital
- Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital
- Emory Midtown Hospital
- Emory Decatur Hospital
- Emory Johns Creek Hospital
Were defining a new standard of care for humankind. Are YOU ready
to join us?
- Provides on-site support for the reprocessing of surgical
instruments and sets to contracted facilities in compliance with
the Department of Health, TJC, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN standards
and facility's goals and policies.
- Supports daily operations of all activities that relate to the
reprocessing of reusable medical supplies and instrumentation
including decontamination, cleaning, assembly, wrapping,
sterilization, and storage processes within all set professional
standards and regulations.
- At the direction of the Manager may participate in new IMS
employee orientation and on the job training.
- Understands and promotes concepts of the Lean work
- Communicates in a professional manner to all hospital staff and
- Refers all decisions beyond personal scope of responsibilities
to IMS leadership.
- Reports broken instrumentation and equipment and communicates
low par levels of SPD consumable supplies.
- Exhibits professional behavior in all personal, telephone and
- Represents IMS, self and profession positively in all public
arenas. Supports and adheres to IMS policies and procedures and
supports policies and procedures of facility. Adheres to IMS /
facility dress requirements and is neat and well-groomed at all
- Arrives at facility at the scheduled time and is consistently
ready for work assignments.
- Participates in in-services and educational offerings provided
by IMS in the facility.
- Promotes best demonstrated practices with co-workers through
open communication and continuous improvement of skills.
- Follows chain of command within hospital and IMS regarding
identified problems or issues to ensure proper communication and
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Active certification in sterile processing/central sterile via
CBSPD or IAHCSMM or two years of experience in lieu of
- Extensive knowledge of instrumentation.
- Ability to act as a resource for staff in both SPD and OR
regarding identification and assembly of specialty instruments and
- Completion of a Sterile Processing/Surgical Technologist
- Basic computer skills and aptitude required.
- Ability to work daily in a fast-paced Healthcare Services
- Ability to perform tasks simultaneously while maintaining
- May be required to work various shifts, weekends, holidays and
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium): The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to
stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee
is frequently required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and
talk, see and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move
up to 50 pounds, push and/or pull up to 300 pounds on a cart or
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is frequently exposed to bio-hazardous
material, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic
chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually
Keywords: Emory University Hospital, Atlanta , Sterile Processing Technician, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!