Management Engineer III, Lean Promotion Office
Company: Emory Healthcare
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Coordinates and supervises the work of project team(s).
- Reviews and coordinates team member work plans, project
assignments and project schedules.
- Regularly communicates and coordinates with management
regarding project status.
- Facilitates and guides redesign teams and process improvement
- Assists directors and leadership in identifying and analyzing
operational and clinical problems using statistical tools including
process control charts, regression analysis, and forecasting.
- Recommends most appropriate course of action.
- Supervises staff and manages employee performance.
- Provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems,
orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies
and suggests ways to develop skills.
- Monitors workflow.
- Assists in analysis of facility needs including work flow
analysis, space programming, functional layout design, and
- Utilizes a systems approach to operationally analyze
organizational or departmental systems and processes; applies
various industrial engineering techniques.
- Assists departmental management or teams throughout the project
and during implementation of recommended changes.
- Prepares and conducts research prior to initiation of projects
to provide state of the art approaches and solutions to
- Develops project approaches and prepares detailed work plans
for completion of projects.
- Verifies, updates, and analyzes comparative databases
containing operational and clinical data to support hospital
benchmarking efforts and to support planning and operational
- Provides technical support to performance improvement teams on
the use of TQM tools and collecting and analyzing data.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A bachelor's degree in industrial engineering, or a related
- Five years of directly related experience. PhD may substitute
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (MediumMax 25lbs): up to 25 lbs, 0-33% of
the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday
(frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly);
Lifting 25 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to
frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work
(computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary
depending on assigned work area and work tasks. ENVIRONMENTAL
FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary
depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental
exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen
exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors
Communicable diseases Electrical shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold
Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient
care/handling injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be
required. Use of personal protective equipment, including
respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on
assigned work area and work tasks.
Successful candidates in this role have experience in the
following: Industrial Engineering, Engineering Management, MBA,
Health Analytics, Healthcare Data Analytics, Operations Management,
Finance & Accounting and Supply Chain.
We are also looking for those with the following skillsets: A3
thinking, kaizen, rapid improvement events, value stream, process
mapping, SIPOC, improvement, TPS, Toyota Production System, Lean,
Agile, facility design, revenue cycle, strategy, daily management,
daily huddles, flow, waste reduction, coaching, change agent,
standard work, 5S, pull, visual management, kanban, transformation
and mission control,
Keywords: Emory Healthcare, Atlanta , Management Engineer III, Lean Promotion Office, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!