AVP, IT Delivery - Enrollment
Company: UNUM Group
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Job Posting End Date: July 02
Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and
looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry
thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading
employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain
affordable access to benefits that help them protect their
families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a
challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a
differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations
people have of technology at any company - not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT
professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering
focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working
in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in
our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those
who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we're excited about what's next. Join
Unum is hiring a self-motivated AVP, IT Delivery Enrollment to
be the driving force developing the consumer experience,
understanding how to leverage technology to capture new customers
based on their behavior and be the primary driver standing up a new
organization centered around Enrollment partnering with a 3rd party
vendor that provides an all-in-one HR platform. The successful
candidate will provide the leadership and guidance to multiple
agile and operations teams that will support this initiative
focusing on the implementation and delivery aspects, by leveraging
artificial intelligence and data analytics developing the
technologies that marry consumers with large companies like
- BTech/MCA(IT/CS) with min. of 8 - 10+ years of experience in
Digital solution Architecture domain
- Preferred experience in any of the following domains Insurance,
IT/Fintech, Leisure/Travel, E-commerce, Retail Industries for
consumer or institutional clients (B2C OR B2B)
- Experience with the latest digital technology such as AI/ML,
API, Microservices, SMAC, Chatbots
- Strong understanding of Agile/Lean/Service Management
- P & L accountability with business acumen
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong executive presence, communication, presentation, and
- Ability to structure the problem, hypothesis-driven approach,
problem solving skills and strong analytical ability are
- Ability to articulate the problem, approach, and can make
recommendations clearly and concisely to both technical and
- Knows how to make and sustain a business case through effective
benefits management and demonstrates the ability to make and take
responsibility for, adventurous and innovative decisions on major
technical and service delivery issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Build strategy and charter for the team by understanding the
requirements and priorities from business and partner teams
- Develops influential relationships with internal and external
partners and vendors at the senior management level, including
- Engages in strategic planning with business and IT stakeholders
to provide direction, guidance or recommendations on the technology
and architectural considerations.
- Defines a portfolio of change and roadmap.
- Engages and influences IT and business leaders to ensure the
portfolio will deliver agreed business objectives.
- Collaborates with IT leadership across various disciplines,
provides guidance, direction and makes recommendations to address a
wide range of business and technology needs with emphasis on
optimized, timely and successful delivery.
- In collaboration with the IT VP, initiates and influences
relationships with and between key stakeholders involved in the
management and implementation of IT plans, acts as a point of
contact for stakeholders, planners, designers, and operational
- Applies innovative methods utilizing IT assets and capabilities
in alignment with the organization's strategic direction and
- Highly proficient in applying knowledge of IT's technology
framework(s), technical environment, and cross-organizational IT
functions in technical choices for a variety of large, strategic
- In partnership with practice leaders, drives the application of
the technical and architectural roadmap objectives.
- Understands the needs of a self-organizing team
(cross-functioning, partners with the business, collaborative,
works quickly and unencumbered, be empowered and autonomous, be
able to focus on self-improvement) and supports the management
activities that make self-organization successful.
- Working with the Agile Teams, ensures that the scrum team(s)
apply the best software engineering practices including, but not
limited to: test driven development, peer reviews, continuous
integration and deployment practices, unit and regression test
automation, comprehensive approach to addressing NFR, adherence to
standards, comprehensive 'definition of done,' team retrospectives,
- Understands patterns and trends that contribute to utilizing
key performance indicators and critical success factors that will
improve the performance of the organization.
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and
this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a
positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits
and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite
fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee
professional development programs, we are committed to helping
employees live and work their best - both inside and outside the
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified
applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement,
without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national
origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: UNUM Group, Atlanta , AVP, IT Delivery - Enrollment, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!