Project Coordinator - Special Projects Group
Company: Balfour Beatty Construction
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a
comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty Construction is searching for a Project
Coordinator to join its Special Projects Group (SPG Team) in
Atlanta. The Project Coordinator is responsible for administrative
functions supporting the group, supporting preconstruction and
project start-up, project administration, and project closeout.
- Initiates set-up of the job management system.
- Helps solicit subcontractors and suppliers and follow-up on
- Assists with preparation and coordinating of proposals,
manuals, and presentations.
- Initiates the building permit process.
- Develops submittal register based on contract documents.
- Responsible for proactive administration of processing all
submittals and RFI's to ensure timely turn-around.
- Attends and participates in meetings with Architect/Engineer
and owner representatives, provides information and records and
distributes progress reports/meeting minutes.
- Assists in drafting, distribution and tracking of Subcontracts,
Purchase Orders, and Change Orders to
- Responsible for submitting owner required close-out documents
and assisting subcontractors /suppliers in scheduling owner
required training and documentation.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team,
subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support
company core values and meets or exceeds the customer's
- Actively participates in industry, client, and community
relations to enhance company image.
- Manages and coordinates key administrative tasks (maintain
project manager's schedules, composes complex and confidential
correspondence, files, answers process questions)
- Sorts and distributes office/site mail, makes travel
arrangements, completes expense reports and other correspondence
and reports, office/site filing, monitors and orders supplies.
- Assembles and distributes reports for internal and external
- Troubleshoots technology challenges.
- Assists in coordinating various meetings and events including
travel arrangements, meeting space and attendee communications for
- May attend functions and meetings to gather and furnish
- Proficient in all computer software programs (e.g. Microsoft
product suite, Procore, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Building
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management or related
- Able to anticipate Project Manager's needs, make decisions and
resolve issues in their absence.
- Uses time effectively based on key priorities; accepts
direction from more than one person at a time and oversees multiple
- Communicates well and creates effective customer-focused
relationship with all organization levels.
- Able to write clearly and concisely in a variety of
communication settings and styles.
- Open to change and can learn quickly when faced with new
opportunities and challenges.
- Organizes people, tools, and equipment and plan/manage multiple
activities to accomplish desired results.
- Makes decisions under tight deadlines with composure, sometimes
with incomplete information.
- Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project-related
processes and make necessary changes, using customer input to make
improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer
- Acts in a manner of integrity that demonstrates support for the
company values and the employees, while maintaining constant focus
on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet,
scanning, database and presentation software. Demonstrates
proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company
communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft
products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook, Teams).
Progressive construction industry administrative experience
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general
contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build
services for public and private sector clients across the nation.
Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build
the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important
role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities.
Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is
fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices
and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through
Zero Harm, we are challenging the construction industry's
assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should
come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation's largest building
contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a
subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes
the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any
other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process, please contact Human Resources at:
Phone: (214) 468-4700
Keywords: Balfour Beatty Construction, Atlanta , Project Coordinator - Special Projects Group, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!