Equipment Technician, Operating Room, 11:00a to 7:30p
Company: Emory Healthcare
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Operating Room Equipment Technician
At Emory Healthcare, we integrate science and caring to change
the face of health care. Our team members are courageous
individuals who are willing to challenge the status quo and help
find solutions to complex problems. We're empowered to influence
change for, and with, our patients, their families, the community
and each other.
As one of the leading academic medical systems, we're eager to
share what we learn with hospitals around the country, and the
world. We've got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission
to lead the way in developing new and better approaches to
preventing and treating disease, and our patients get treatments
years before anyone else.
We're looking for an experienced equipment technician to join
our surgical team who are passionate about providing the best care
for patients. Our surgical equipment technicians are integral
members of high-functioning teams committed to excellence and
outstanding patient care, driven by their expertise, compassion and
operate at a higher level of practice.
We're defining a new standard of care for humankind. Are YOU
ready to join us? Apply Today:
- The Equipment Technician is responsible for care and
maintenance of departmental equipment.
- Provides patient care, treatment, and services within the scope
of their license, certification, registration, and/or assessed
- Practice will be in accordance with laws and regulations and
will adhere to established policies, procedures and practice
- Monitor equipment usage.
- Manages equipment and supplies in each assigned
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance on a scheduled
basis to meet state requirements.
- Provides product training to nursing staff utilizing
- Orders equipment and supplies as needed to maintain appropriate
levels and special needs of a facility.
- Maintains all surgical equipment to ensure correct cleaning and
in good working order.
- Works with Biomed and/or Maintenance for equipment that needs
repair or adjustments.
- Checks with departmental schedules to confirm equipment needs
and the potential for conflicts in scheduling.
- Monitors progression of schedule in relationship to the
equipment needs while prioritizing tasks to make efficient use of
time and availability.
- Communicates clearly and frequently with coordinator to ensure
equipment availability when needed.
- Performs attendant duties as assigned.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement teams and
- Participates in supporting the organization's vision, mission
and values and adheres to Standards of Behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned .
- High school/Vocational diploma or GED.
- Technician training or AA Degree in electronics preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and/or ability transport equipment and
supplies as needed.
- At least six months experience working in technical
- Patient care experience preferred.
- CPR also strongly preferred.
- Previous inventory management experience is sought but not
- Previous healthcare or manufacturer specific experience is
sought but not required.
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Skill and ability to
communicate verbally, including public-speaking, and in
- Skill and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and
priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Skill and ability to anticipate, manage, and adapt to
- Skill and ability to operate independently and collaboratively
as part of a team.
- Skill and ability to manage internal and external
- Performs skills and competencies as defined in orientation
checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if
Keywords: Emory Healthcare, Atlanta , Equipment Technician, Operating Room, 11:00a to 7:30p, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!