Sterile Processing Department Instrument Coordinator
Company: Emory University Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The shift for this position is 8a-4:30p
- Responsible for managing system budget related to
- Ensures solid communications related to budget adherence to
- Includes proposing budget modifications to entity for inventory
replacements and additional inventory needs.
- Designs and implements system plan to manage instrumentation,
device, and product purchasing and inventory.
- Manages system instrument and device repair and maintenance
- Provides onsite support and communication to system entities on
efforts to provide cost savings to the hospital by ensuring all
surgical tools are functioning properly for their intended
- Collaborates with entity and system leaders to standardize
instrument trays across EHC where applicable.
- Collaborates with the System and entity leaders to achieve
standardization in count sheets, preference cards, tray
reconfigurations, and inventory lists; designs and implements
related process implements plans.
- Serves as system resource to review and reset appropriate care
and handling processes.
- Serves as system leader for maintenance and updates to
instrument tracking system (when applicable/assigned).
- Ensure regulatory readiness through support and maintenance of
required sterilization assurance materials and supplies for
- Assists in development and maintenance of sterilization policy
- Assists in evaluating various products, supplies and equipment
pertinent to designated service line(s) instrument trays.
- Coordinates site specific semiannual tray review with service
line leaders and physicians in the operating room.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the principles of sterile
technique and infection control; practices appropriate procedures
to maintain a sterile environment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Certified as a surgical technologist or sterile processing
- Four years surgical technologist or sterile processing
technician experience required.
- Must maintain valid Driver's License and vehicle insurance to
meet travel requirements.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium): 20-50 lbs.; 0-33% of the work day
(occasionally); 11-25 lbs., 34-66% of the workday (frequently);
01-10 lbs., 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 50 lbs.
max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs.; Occasional to frequent
standing & walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers,
typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on
assigned work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may
vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental
exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen
exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors
Communicable diseases Electrical shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold
Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Shift
work, Travel may be required. Use of personal protective equipment,
including respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending
on assigned work area and work tasks.
Keywords: Emory University Hospital, Atlanta , Sterile Processing Department Instrument Coordinator, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!