Simply put: Nebo's engineering team gets things done. That
usually looks like using the art of code to solve problems and
build solutions for clients and coworkers alike. We don't get hung
up on what hasn't been done - we're all about what we can do. We're
looking for driven teammates who are ready to jump in and do the
When you close your eyes, what do you see? Rows of clean code?
Pages of wireframes? CMS back-ends? If that sounds about right, you
just might be the person for Nebo's back-end engineer role.
Your brain is wired for manipulating data and you're equipped
with the skills to maintain and develop features for existing web
applications and websites - and build complex web applications
either from scratch or within existing frameworks.
Collaboration is key at Nebo, and you should be able to
participate in project planning and tactical direction with your
team as well as build internal tools to help support other Nebo
We're looking for someone with 2-5 years of professional
software experience and a computer science degree or equivalent
About the Position:
As a Back-End Web and Application Engineer, you'd be joining our
Back-End Engineering team, which performs a variety of tasks,
- Participating in project planning and tactical direction
- Working with and developing CMS back-ends
- Maintenance and feature development for existing web
- Building complex web applications either from scratch or within
- Building internal tools to help support other Nebo
Here are some of the technologies we use on a daily basis:
- Ruby / Rails
- Postgres and MySQL
- Git / GitLab
- Nebo CMS (our in-house Content Management System built and
maintained by our team!)
- 2+ years of web development experience
- Experience with an object-oriented, back-end web development
language (PHP, RoR, etc)
- Experience with creating & customizing content management
systems (Wordpress, Magento, etc)
- Experience using version control to manage coding projects
- A solid portfolio demonstrating back-end web
application/website development capability
- Written and verbal communication skills
The things that will set you apart (AKA Bonus Skills):
- Experience with E-commerce platforms (Magento, osCommerce,
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
This is a full-time position and compensation is dependent upon
experience. We're currently working remotely due to COVID-19, and
we're in the process of developing a plan to return to the office
safely. While it's our preference to have folks in the office
together in Atlanta (because we really do enjoy working together in
the same space), this plan will include opportunities for hybrid
in-office/remote work or fully remote work.
Nebo's Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As a human-centered agency, we believe in uplifting our
community and advancing society through inclusive business
practices. We're dedicated to providing equal opportunities and
equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color,
religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information,
age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, and veteran's status.
Apply for this job
By the Numbers
DOGS ROAMING THE OFFICE
AWARDS IN THE LAST 2 YEARS
YEARS OF GROWTH, 0 LAYOFFS
Get to know us a little better
Hungry for more Nebo knowledge?
Fighting the norm since 2004.
The folks behind the magic.
Why Nebo is the right choice.