Phlebotomist - Atlanta
Posted on: June 13, 2021
ProPath, one of the largest completely physician owned pathology
practices in the country, seeks an exceptional Phlebotomist to join
our thriving practice in the Atlanta, Georgia area. ProPath is a
nationally recognized practice founded in 1966 and has nearly 50
physicians and PhD's on the team.
Days: Monday - Thursday
Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Hours: 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
With a role at ProPath, you will have the opportunity to join an
innovative and growing company that values their employees. We look
for Phlebotomist who are accountable, honest, team players, and
someone who can provide top quality customer service. As a member
of our team, you will be able to make an impact in helping provide
effective medical diagnostics and research to our patients and
Responsibilities: As a Phlebotomist you will be responsible for
performing collection of blood samples through venipuncture and
skin punctures. Prepare specimens for transport to Laboratory for
- Perform blood draws competently and expediently with as little
patient discomfort as possible.
- Utilize standard procedures to identify the patient, record
appropriate collection information, label and record all test
tubes, log procedures and enter specimen data into computer
- Display quickly, courteous, and in a professional manner
towards patients, client staff and coworkers. Resolve issues and
ensure quality patient care.
- Follow standard precautions at all times. Routine handling of
biohazardous and or chemical hazardous material.
- Utilize company resources to aid with day-to-day operations and
the specimen data input (i.e. test catalog, client services,
- Communicate issues and concerns to the Phlebotomy
- Maintain confidentiality of employee, patient, client and/or
company records and issues.
- Comply with all safety policies.
- Dispose of all sharp instruments in the sharp container.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Communicate effectively in a courteous, professional manner
with all levels of management, co-workers and clients to provide
quality customer service.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, company and department
policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee, patient, client and
- Work effectively within a team-oriented department and
- Must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent;
Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of current phlebotomy experience is
- 1 year of experience in data entry is preferred.
- Phlebotomy Certification preferred.
- High level of accuracy and speed when entering alpha and
- Incumbent must be detail and quality-oriented.
ProPath offers employees a full benefits package that includes:
medical, dental, a matched 401K plan, and much more!
Our Phlebotomist plays an important role in helping ProPath
achieve its vision of being the premier provider of diagnostic
medical care. Don't Follow the Leader, Join the Leader!
To apply, please head over to our website
Keywords: ProPath, Atlanta , Phlebotomist - Atlanta, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!