Patient Care Assistant, FT 7p-7:30a
Company: Emory University Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Heart. Soul. Expertise. Thats what defines an Emory nurse.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, when you chose this
distinguished profession, you chose to change lives. We are proud
to be the only health system in Georgia with four Magnet-
recognized hospitals: Emory University Orthopaedics & Spine
Hospital,Emory Saint Josephs Hospital, Emory University Hospital,
and Emory Johns Creek Hospital.
Were looking for passionate med/surg nurses who are ready to join a
team thats redefining quality nursing care. As integral members of
high-functioning, inter-professional teams, Emory Healthcares
med/surg nurses are on the frontline of care in our hospitals and
operate with a full complement of specialties and the ability to
care for medically complex patients.
Weve got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission to lead
the way in developing new and better approaches to preventing and
treating disease, and our patients get treatments years before
Are YOU ready to join us?
- Performs assigned patient care and observation duties under the
direction of a Registered Nurse, including but not limited to:
cleaning the patient's room, operating various clinical equipment,
helping with emergencies, assisting with patient procedures,
collecting and transporting patient specimens and completing
- Greets visitors, answers and screens incoming telephone calls;
provides information or takes messages and distributes them to
appropriate employee to meet caller's needs. Receives and
transcribes data related to physician's orders according to
- Maintains clerical and related unit supplies; places orders to
- Accepts, verifies, and stores supply deliveries upon
- Assists in the use of bag-valve-mask device, TED stockings,
oxygen, suction equipment, incentive spirometer, and emergency
- Operates converter chair, lifts, scales, beds, stretchers,
wheelchairs, non-invasive BP monitors, some components of Quicknet
monitors, automatic thermometers, sphygmomanometer, computer and
- Promptly and courteously responds to patient requests via the
patient intercom system.
- Relays appropriate information to appropriate staff for
- Reinforces patient and family teaching. Prepares room to
receive patient; sets up necessary equipment and ensures neatness
and cleanliness of room.
- Transports and collects patient specimens throughout hospital,
and contributes to the completion of admission, discharge,
transfer, and death procedures and forms.
- Performs vital signs and records information; reports
observations and records significant and unusual information
regarding patients to the Registered Nurse.
- Observes color, consistency, amount and odor from drainage
tubs; records information and notifies Registered Nurse of
findings. Participates in shift report.
- Makes the necessary arrangements for medical tests, supplies,
equipment, treatment and special dietary needs.
- Assists Registered Nurse in providing patient care according to
individual needs; observes IV site appearance, assists with range
of motion, ambulation, patient transfers, diet, elimination,
hygiene, performs pre-and postoperative procedural care, and
assists with respiratory functions/procedures.
- Assists in emergency situations as directed by the Registered
- Participates in the orientation of staff to the unit and
precepts new, temporary, and float nursing technicians to the unit.
Promotes a supportive and healing environment so that customer and
staff satisfaction are enhanced.
- Supports cost efficient/effective delivery of care.
- Participates in unit-based and hospital-wide Continuous Quality
- One year of experience which includes direct patient care, OR
the successful completion of a nursing assistant training course,
or currently enrolled in a RN program and completion of 2 clinical
rotations, and clerical experience.
- Previous experience with various computer applications.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification in accordance with the
American Heart Association required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (Medium-Heavy) 36-75 lbs, 0-33% of the work
day (occasionally); 20-35 lbs, 34-66% of the workday; (frequently);
10-20 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 75 lbs max;
Carrying of objects up to 35 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing &
walking; Occasional sitting; Close eye work (computers, typing,
reading, writing); Physical demands may vary depending on assigned
work area and work tasks;
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may
vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental
exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen
exposure; Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors;
Communicable diseases; Electrical shock; Floor Surfaces; Hot/Cold
Temperatures; Indoor/Outdoor conditions; Latex; Lighting ; Patient
care/handling injuries; Radiation ; Shift work; Travel may be
required; Use of personal protective equipment, including
respirators; environmental conditions may vary depending on
assigned work area and work tasks
Keywords: Emory University Hospital, Atlanta , Patient Care Assistant, FT 7p-7:30a, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!