To perform non-professional direct patient care duties under the
supervision of nursing personnel and to assist in maintaining a
positive physical, social, emotional and spiritual environment for
* Assist residents with medications as ordered by their
* Documents all functions related to medication management as
required by regulation, and by community protocols as defined in
the medication training program.
* Obtains, receives, and stores medication(s) from pharmacy.
* Participates in the medication training program and
demonstrates competency per the competency checklist.
* Maintains order, cleanliness in medication storage area.
* Assist residents with daily bath, dressing, grooming, dental
care, bowel and bladder functions, preparation for activities
within the community, reminders of medical appointments, and basic
* Provide functions as directed by supervisor including daily
and ongoing records including vital signs, weight and measure
residents, and observe and report presence of skin breakdowns;
review care plans daily; report changes in resident conditions to
supervisor ; and, record all necessary charting entries and report
all accidents and incidents.
* Prepare residents for meals and snacks and perform after-meal
* Maintain resident confidentiality; treat residents with
kindness, dignity and respect; know and comply with Residents
Rights rules; and promptly report all resident complaints,
accidents and incidents to supervisor.
* Assist as directed in proper admission, transfer and discharge
of residents, inventory resident possessions and report defective
equipment to administration.
* Understand and use Universal Precautions and follow
established infections control, hazardous communication and other
safety rules; ensure cleanliness of assigned residents rooms;
properly maintain and record resident restraints; and, promptly
report all violations of safety and sanitation rules to
* Attend and participate in orientation, training, educational
activities and staff meeting.
* Any other tasks, assignments, projects or requests as deemed
* High School education preferred.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Must read, write, speak and understand English.
* Completion of training program for certification.
* Previous experience with geriatric nursing preferred.
* Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in
administering basic first aid and resident care.
* Basic understanding of aseptic and sterile techniques.
* Good physical and mental health; neat, clean, well groomed and
* Patience, tact, enthusiasm and positive attitude toward the
* Must have upper body strength adequate to bend, lift, shift,
move, and/or assist in moving articles of more than twenty-five
* Must be able to squat, reach, stretch without distress, Must
be able to tolerate extended periods walking, standing.