Performs secretarial and administrative duties. Manages
schedule, arranging appointments, travel, meetings, conference
calls, etc. Provides a wide variety of administrative and staff
support services to an organizational unit. Work requires some
analysis and use of initiative and independent judgment. Remains
knowledgeable of business unit's policies. May make contacts of a
sensitive, complex, and confidential nature. May work for one or
several department professionals, division heads, units, or
managers. Works under general supervision with latitude for
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of
- Maintain and track accurate completion of data reporting for
all business metrics.
- Manage monthly data reporting databases.
- Tracking and ordering office supplies.
- Process bills and track spending.
- Coordinate managers' schedules, making appointments and
- Arrange and coordinate business travel for managers, directors,
or other division heads.
- Screen Director's phone calls and incoming mail.
- Draft routine memos and perform word processing duties.
- Coordinate department meetings; arrange use of conference
- Serve as a contact to employees, investors, or other
stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
- Conducts various analytical special projects, especially
involving budgets and preparations for senior management
- May assist in budget preparation and control activities.
- Assist in the preparation and control of records, statistics,
and reports regarding operations, personnel changes, etc.
- Administer programs, projects, and/or processes specific to the
operating unit served.
- May serve as administrative liaison with others within and
outside the company regarding administrative issues related to
purchasing, personnel, facilities and operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and
- Associate degree in business or secretarial science (two-year
program) or equivalent experience; bachelor's degree in business or
liberal arts desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of administrative practices and procedures.
Ability to manage sensitive, complex, confidential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Professional
appearance and presentation.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the
- Thorough knowledge of administrative practices
- Strong computer skills; knowledgeable of Microsoft office.
- Good organizational skills.
- Able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under
Typically works in an office with adequate lighting and
ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are
used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine
Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary
but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or
carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do
not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at
TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of
your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Supplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned
on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by
failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit
any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms
and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and
will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based
on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation