IT Business Analyst
Company: Starr Companies
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Candidate will be responsible for Business Analysis support of
an internally developed policy admin system. The level of support
will vary by project and insurance product, but will include
defining/documenting new application requirements, advising users
of new features and researching problems. Candidate will work
closely with business users, Starr IT developers and vendor
- Communicate stakeholder needs into clear, concise requirements
and iteratively capture requirements throughout the sprints.
- Create and maintain project related artifacts using Agile
- Develop expertise in the functionality and operation of
critical enterprise applications.
- Develop a basic understanding of Starr's Salesforce.com
platform, Starr's proprietary policy admin system, and integration
points with other Starr systems.
- Assist business SME's with requirements definition and
application options for new requirements.
- Ability to gather, generate and document functional and
non-functional requirements through interviewing and
- Create process and workflow diagrams.
- Create use cases when feasible.
- Document and manage change requests.
- Troubleshoot problems and document solutions.
- Create/update User Stories and other work items in Azure
- Assist in the development of test scenarios, test execution and
test results validation.
- Assist in the development of training materials.
- Coordinate activities/communications with business users,
vendors, quality assurance teams, and internal IT groups.
- Coordinate projects with IT application support and change
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Finance, or
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a business analyst, IT business
systems analyst, or insurance data analyst.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able and willing to handle multiple tasks and shifting
priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with SQL/BI/data reporting tools.
- Experience operating in the Scrum Agile Framework.
- Experience with the Microsoft enterprise tools, including Azure
- Business or data analysis experience in crisis management,
professional liability, or operations in the insurance
- Experience with the insurance underwriting process.
Keywords: Starr Companies, Atlanta , IT Business Analyst, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!