Global Process Leader - Buydesk & Accounts Payable
Company: General Electric
Posted on: May 7, 2021
Job Description Summary The Global Process Leader (GPL) is
responsible for the governance and proactive development and
enhancement of end-to-end process across the enterprise. The GPL
must collaborate with various stakeholders to ensure effective and
efficient process operations for identification and leverage of
cross-process synergies. The GPL also monitors process performance
and prioritizes and drives process-related decisions. Additionally,
the GPL is accountable for ensuring process compliance with all
relevant legislation and company procedures. This role serves as
the custodian of the overall Procure to Pay (P2P) process and is
responsible for driving implementation of process design at an
enterprise level. Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure optimal use and adaptation of ERP/enabling technologies,
owning the Buydesk & AP Technology Roadmap leading to continuous
- Working closely with Master Data Management teams and applying
LEAN methodology to ensure key data elements are structured,
standardized, and consistent across our brand portfolio (suppliers,
partners, vendors, etc.)
- Design & implement process, and technology standards for
end-to-end P2P process at Enterprise level
- Collaborating with IT, and Finance on system implementations
and enhancement initiatives
- Partnering with Business unit leaders and Procure to Pay teams
to drive ongoing business process improvements
- Providing SME knowledge for Procure to Pay process
- Driving the Global Accounts Payable enterprise strategy
- Participating in relevant discussions to provide input on items
such as process scope and service delivery and assist in resolving
- Collaborating with the stakeholders to ensure resources are
properly trained on processes, policies, and systems
- Leading within an outsourced and matrixed Buydesk and AP
- Managing effectively through times of crisis and ambiguity
- Work closely with accounts payable to insure accurate and
timely payments as needed.
- Serve as a Super User to the procurement module and resolve"
tier-1" support cases.
- Assist in pulling reports on as needed basis for executive
management and procurement colleagues.
- Interface and own timely updates to internal customers to
expedite and resolve customer issues.
- Approve purchase orders based on functional approval limits
- Resolve Accounts Payable and invoice hold issues.
- Responsible for system testing, drive e-tool penetration with
suppliers (Fusion, Supplier Connect). Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or
a high school diploma with at least 5 years of relevant
- Program and project management experience required
- Experience in supporting cross functional business services
with an emphasis on Buydesk and Accounting functions
- Experience with Shared Services and/ or Outsourced Service
- Demonstrated experience working in a matrixed global
- Demonstrable experience of executing process transformation
initiatives or delivering enterprise systems
- In-depth understanding of Procure to Pay leading practices and
experience with Oracle, SAP, and procurement systems
- Oracle, SAP and MS Office knowledge (data entry skills)
- Significant experience and use of ERP software (SAP, ORACLE)
and familiarity with Procurement & A/P systems and interfaces
- Works well with a team and independently
- Self-Starter - able to excel in fast paced business
- Very strong customer service and results oriented mindset.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to organize, assess, prioritize tasks, risks,
resources, milestones and deliverables. Desired Characteristics
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated
ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan,
market, and execute programs. Established project management
skills. Note: To comply with US immigration and other legal
requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of
years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For
roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable
legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of
experience required for the role and a minimum number of years
should NOT be used. Additional Information GE offers a great work
environment, professional development, challenging careers, and
competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law. GE will only
employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United
States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned
upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Keywords: General Electric, Atlanta , Global Process Leader - Buydesk & Accounts Payable, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!