Tech, National Support II
Company: Canon USA
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Location: US-GA-NorcrossRequisition ID: 24804Category: Systems
Technical SupportPosition Type: Full-TimeOverview
Ensures specific products and technology programs are executed in
the field effectively while maintaining ongoing product quality and
services to all stakeholders.
- Provides ongoing third-level technical support to field engineers
and troubleshoots problems on equipment.
- Provides field support for new product introductions &
- Provides instruction on new adjustments, repairs, upgrades and
troubleshooting procedures, including guidance in utilization of
available sources of information.
- May audit accounts/equipment for performance and ensure proper
maintenance, report on others work to ensure it meets company
standards, and report findings on the SAR.
- Escalates issues in a timely manner that minimizes customer
- Informs CSA Management on escalation status.
- Frequently utilizes SAR, imPACT, RCCA and CRM, Maintenance
Assist, Remote Assist & ADAM.
- Maintains and updates problem records and reports any
- Organizes and disseminates information so that other engineers
can perform their duties more efficiently.
- Creates documents, and inputs updated technical information to
maintain knowledge database, Core Competencies/technical
- Trains other engineers in the use of tools, working methods, and
technical tips to improve performance.
- Troubleshoots MICR issues and answers MICR related questions.
- Ensurse all tasks, regardless of owner, are completed in a timely
- Completes Bundle upgrades confidently and in a timely manner.
- Must understand and show competence in Media related issues and
be able to discuss the interaction between Ink & Media.
- Full understanding of ORS and utilizes its dashboard
functionality on a regular basis.
- Achieves and improves the performance targets for the current
strategic products and proceeds post-sales support for all assigned
- Interfaces with development, factory engineers or third party
vendors for technical information.
- Reports to PSO field obstacles (documentation, product defect,
logistics) to team lead(s).
Typically requires general education and/or vocational training
plus 4 to 6 years of related experience.
- Associates degree in Mechanical or Electronics area of study.
- Field service experience, including printer knowledge and testing
and/or diagnostic applications.
- Advanced computer skills (networking, multi operating system,
windows server, Linux etc.) preferred.
- Understanding of TDM print market.
- May require up to 70% travel (both domestic and Internationally),
including overnights (valid driver's license, passport, and
acceptable driving record necessary).
- Must be able to work in a 24/7 environment, perform shift work,
and do on-call rotations is required.
- Required to take all necessary steps to obtain security and/or
other clearances required by customers to enter the customers'
- Technical certifications such as A+, Network+, MCSE are highly
- Advanced color certification.
- Knowledge of PLC / Control software preferred.
- Knowledge of digital workflows in a color environment
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and be in a mobile activity more than
50% of the time. (Walking, standing, stooping/kneeling). Ability to
work entire shift while standing with occasional rest.
About our Company - Canon Solutions America, Inc. empowers
companies of all sizes to succeed by supplying market leading
enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions,
supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With
unwavering dedication to promote professional innovation, Canon
Solutions America, Inc. helps drive sustainability, nurture
efficiency, and regulate costs through the unification of
comprehensive digital and traditional printing and document
management solutions. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A.,
Canon Solutions America, Inc. is headquartered in Melville, NY and
has sales and service locations across the U.S. Our parent company,
Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), which earned approximately $30.4 billion in
global revenue in 2020, ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted
in 2020 and was named one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most
Admired Companies in 2020.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package
including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan,
discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing,
educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much
more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site
csa.canon.com/careers , we cannot guarantee the validity of this
posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at
Keywords: Canon USA, Atlanta , Tech, National Support II, Other , Norcross, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!