Food & Nutrition Associate - Temp to HIRE
Company: Emory University
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Emory University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative
action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce
and complies with all Federal and Georgia State laws, regulations,
and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative
action. Emory University does not discriminate on the basis of
race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex,
gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, or gender identity or expression. Emory Careers - Food
& Nutrition Associate - Temp to HIRE in Atlanta, Georgia - Careers
at Emory University Hospital Skip to Main Content Please Enable
Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate?
Log back in! Food & Nutrition Associate - Temp to HIRE Job Number
67093 Job Type Temporary Part-Time Division Emory Temporary
Services Department Emory Temporary Svc - EHC This position may
involve the following Health and Safety issues: Not Applicable Job
Category Food Services & Dietetics Location : Name Emory University
Hospital Campus Location (For Posting) : Location US-GA-Atlanta
Discover Your Career at Emory University Emory University is a
leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts
world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the
future . We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity
and excellence of our academic community. Description Emory
University Hospital is looking to fill a variety of temp to hire
positions in it's Food Services department. Emory is looking for
positive, hard-working, timely individuals to bring onto our
team.--Temporary full time and part time opportunities for:
- Food & Nutrition Associates
- Dining Services AssociatesJOB DESCRIPTION (will vary on role):
- Prepares, portions, and serves menu items for general and
modified patient diets and for retail food service or
- Assembles and serves meals in accordance with selected menus,
presentation, and portion control guidelines.
- Receives and puts away deliveries.
- Maintains clean and sanitary food preparation areas and
- Washes dishes, flatware, pots and pans, and disposes of
- Transports carts to patient units and all other areas of the
- Processes and verifies payment for goods or services.
- Follows all safety and infection control policies and
procedures, Uses required protection devices to prevent
transmission of food borne illnesses to patients, customers and
- Reports safety hazards.
- Cleans, sanitizes and organizes the work area.
- Wipes up spills and food debris and disposes of empty
- Mops floors, empties and cleans trash containers and
- Washes tables, walls, and counters.
- Washes and sanitizes pots, pans, utensils, dishes and other
cooking or food serving items.
- Removes trash from kitchen.
- Requisitions/procures ingredients from storage areas according
to recipe or menu requirements.
- Prepares menu items in strict accordance with approved recipes
and in specific quantities.
- Sets up and transports food items for service. Labels and dates
menu food items.
- Sets up meal service stations.
- Places food on patient trays using established portion
standards and in accordance with patient meal selections.
- Assist with catering activities, operate a cash register, count
and balance money, and serve retail customers.
- May train to assist with cooking and baking.
- Reports problems in food quality or service and
customer/patient concerns: communicates concerns or recommendations
- Loads, operates, and unloads commercial dishwasher.
- Operates cash register and/or selected production and other
- Prepares and delivers special meal requests, and tube
- Prepares and delivers snacks to patients between scheduled
meals or late meal trays to patients in their rooms.
- Serve patients on cafeteria line or assist patients with meals,
serve trays to patients.
- Work with manager to formulate plan for professional
- Attends educations in-services as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as required.--
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and follow instructions.
- One year of food service experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in customer service, critical thinking,
problem solving and written and verbal communication.
- Ability to make sound judgments while quickly processing
- Ability to perform basic tasks on a computer including logging
on and off a workstation, checking email and completing annual
online employee commitment modules.
- This position primarly on campusPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium):
20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66%
of the workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday
(constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs;
Occasional to frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting,
Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical
demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may
vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental
exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen
exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors
Communicable diseases Electrical shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold
Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient
care/handling injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be
required. Use of personal protective equipment, including
respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on
assigned work area and work tasks. NOTE: Tasks related to this
position are essential/required to being/be performed in-person on
the campus of Emory University and working from home is not an
option for those employed in this role. Emory Supports a Diverse
and Inclusive Culture Emory University is dedicated to providing
equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless
of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender,
genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University
does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or
employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited
under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of
participation in University programs and in the use of facilities
without such discrimination. Emory University complies with
Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment
Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state
regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and
affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a
diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action,
equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of
employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers,
discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits,
and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to
the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman
Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone:
404-727-9867 (V) - 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon
request. To request this document in an alternate format or to
request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department
of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) - 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Please note that one week advance notice is preferred. Options
Apply Now Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the
Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Loading... Connect With Us! Not ready to apply?Connect with us for
general consideration! Application FAQs Software Powered by
Keywords: Emory University, Atlanta , Food & Nutrition Associate - Temp to HIRE, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!