Data Scientist, Radio & Music Informatics Science
Company: Sirius XM
Posted on: April 10, 2021
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading
audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely
positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering
the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences
to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our
talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the
forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our
current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers. Position
Summary: In this role you'll be working on a team designing,
building, and testing the next innovations that will delight
millions of listeners. You will have access to billions of hours of
music listening history across hundreds of millions of listeners
who have provided a hundred billion thumbs on their stations and
playlists. And truly unique to SiriusXM + Pandora, you'll be
working with extremely rich and diverse interlinked music metadata,
including annotations of our expert musicologists with the Music
Genome Project's 450+ musical characteristics. With these resources
at your fingertips, we want your help to make sure we always pick
that perfect next song for our listeners. Duties and
- Design, build, and A/B-test improvements and innovations to
SiriusXM + Pandora's algorithmic radio, playlist, and
- Improve upon SiriusXM + Pandora's content understanding
capabilities through audio and metadata analysis.
- Partner closely with product, analytics, and engineering
- None Minimum Qualifications:
- Masters Degree in a quantitative field (CS, EE, Statistics,
Physics, Math, etc.) Preferred Qualifications:
- PhD Degree in a quantitative field (CS, EE, Statistics,
Physics, Math, etc.) or 2+ years industry experience working as a
Data Scientist Requirements and General Skills:
- Experience designing and building machine learning systems or
recommender systems or music information retrieval systems.
- Solid understanding of A/B testing concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a small team.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and
non-technical audiences. Technical Skills:
- Proficiency with Python, Scala, or Java.
- Experience with SQL (or equivalent).
- Experience with distributed computed systems (e.g., Spark,
- Familiarity with common machine learning libraries (e.g.,
scikit-learn, Tensorflow, etc.). Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to
provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual
respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an
equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis
of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability
or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status,
veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The
requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived
by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Keywords: Sirius XM, Atlanta , Data Scientist, Radio & Music Informatics Science, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!