Account Receivables Specialist
Company: Fisher Phillips LLP
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Fisher Phillips, a national employment and labor law firm, is
seeking an Account Receivables Specialist--for its Atlanta office.
Our range of experience enables us to bring efficient and practical
solutions to today's labor and employment law problems. For more
information about the firm, please visit us at our website at
www.fisherphillips.com . Position Summary The--Account Receivables
Specialist should have--a minimum 3-6 years hands-on accounting
experience. In this position the candidate will perform a variety
of accounting duties according to established policies and
procedures. The candidate will have direct contact with attorneys,
staff, vendors and clients and observe confidentiality of client
and firm matters. Primary Responsibilities
- Research cash receipts, coding and posting of receipts.
- Process incoming mail.
- Post daily lockbox and check deposits.
- Research and apply unallocated cash.
- Oversee client trust accounts, accounts receivable write-offs
and payment reversals.
- Develop automated spreadsheets.
- Journal entries and posting of cash receipts.
- Prepare weekly reports for Sr. Accountant.
- Credit card processing.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate aging report.
- Reconcile A/R to the G/L.
- Identify and execute the necessary process adjustments.
- Knowledge of standard business processes and business
- Knowledge of accounting applications and full accounting
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute task in a
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
environment. Skills and Abilities
- Flexibility to adapt to all situation and various work hours,
including evenings and weekends.
- Respond promptly to attorney and staff requests for service and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced work
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Ability to sort, check and verify numbers with a high level of
- Possess PC skills, ability to use MS Office with intermediate
to advanced skills in Excel.
- Working knowledge of a fully integrated accounting system.
Aderant experience is preferred. No relocation costs. Principals
only; no calls please. We are committed to providing equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without
regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including
childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran
status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical
condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected
status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local
Keywords: Fisher Phillips LLP, Atlanta , Account Receivables Specialist, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!