Posted on: November 23, 2020
The Data Engineer will work on collecting, storing, processing,
and analyzing huge sets of data. The primary focus will be on
choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then
maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be
responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across
the company. Because we work on the cutting edge of a lot of
technologies, this job requires a creative problem solver,
resourced in getting things done, and productive working
independently or collaboratively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Data - Analysis, Modeling, Architecture, etc. - Completes work
with some independence and some guidance from senior members of the
team. Gather and process raw data at scale. . Work closely with our
data science team (ad hoc analysis of the data). Acquire data from
primary or secondary sources and maintain databases/systems. Create
data sets and tables to store data. Make and test database schema
changes when needed. Identify user needs to create and administer
the data lake. Ingest and move data between databases that includes
relational and no-SQL databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB,
Elastic Search, Google Bigquery etc.Implement security measures by
encrypting sensitive data
- ETL Development -Completes work with some independence and some
guidance from senior members of the team. Build and implement ETL
processes. Modify ETL jobs to improve performance and
Support:Troubleshoot medium complexity problems
4 Year / Bachelor's Degree
- Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
utilizing ETL tools (Talend, Informatica, PDI, Kapow etc.)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with database systems
(Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, google BigQuery, MongoDB, Elastic
- Understanding of distributed computing principles,
- Programming Language (Python, Java, C, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as (Hbase, Spark, Hive,
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- World League IT Competencies
- Business Impact: Intermediate Business Domain knowledge.
- Strategic Architect: Intermediate level understanding of
technical area relevant to role.
- Influential Networker: Influential within team.
- Governance & Protection: Follows Risk management
- Culture of Innovation: Identifies opportunities for improvement
within work area.
- Proficient using Google mail, calendaring and shared
- Leadership 2020 Competencies
- Intellectual Strength: Demonstrated success working with
abstract requirements. Intermediate Ability to identify issues/gaps
at early stage. Intermediate Problem solving. Demonstrated ability
to apply concepts appropriately.
- Agility: Ability to respond to customer needs with speed and
accuracy. Willingness and eager to learn; is curious.
- Excellent Execution: Ability to follow standards & directions.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize work. Accountable for personal
results and teamwork. Asks for guidance as needed.
- Leadership: Sense of ownership & Commitment. Values diverse
perspectives. Has a high standard for own work and result.
- Connecting: Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to communicate commitment and work collaboratively.
- Partnering: Basic situation analysis combining the technical
and business point of view.
Randstad is the #1 provider of HR services in the world!
They match smart people with great jobs, from the executive office
to the manufacturing floor.
They use innovative technologies and a passion for people to
provide candidates with the best experience possible.
* Career Progression
* Generous Time Off
* Best in Class Health Coverage
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Paid Volunteer Day
* Wellness Plan
* Short and Long Term Disability
* Supplemental Insurance
* Health and Dependent Care Savings Accounts
* Pre-Tax Commuter and Parking Benefits
* On-Demand Learning through Randstad University
* Employee Resource Groups
* Discounts on Everything from Computers to Cars Associated topics:
data analyst, data architect, data center, data engineer, data
integration, data manager, data management, erp, hbase, mongo
Keywords: Randstad, Atlanta , Data Engineer, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!