At WellStar, we all share common goals. That's what makes us so
successful - and such an integral part of our communities. We want
the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for
our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in
Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the
communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care
models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
Under the leadership of the Director of Quality and Safety the
Manager Accreditation and Licensure leader is an expert on The
Joint Commission (TJC), CMS and other pertinent accreditation
standards and must be able to independently lead all accreditation
and licensure efforts. The leader is also responsible for
continuous survey readiness including establishing mechanisms for
proactive identification and correction of regulatory issues for
hospital, outpatient departments, home care, and hospice (as
applicable). In addition, this role develops and delivers
educational training and coaching to facilitate the understanding
of accreditation standards and requirements.
Required Minimum Education
* Bachelor's Degree required. (Nursing or healthcare-related
Preferred Minimum Education
* MBA or Master's Degree in healthcare-related field
Required Minimum Experience
* Two (2) experience in healthcare, nursing or clinical
* Two (2) years of experience with hospital accreditation and
licensure programs (e.g. The Joint Commission, CMS) required.
Required Minimum Certification
* Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP) preferred or
CJCP certification required within 24 months from date of hire.
Required Minimum Skills
* Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and display data; strong
attention to detail; meticulous accuracy and thoroughness.
* Superior organizational and interpersonal skills with ability
to work independently as well as with a team.
* Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and written
communication skills required. High degree of professionalism,
discretion, and confidentiality.
* Strong computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft
Office and accreditation software. Proficiency in problem solving
and negotiating teams to reach consensus. Ability to build
relationships and foster communication among stakeholders in
clinical and non-clinical settings.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities.
We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and
advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!