Posted on: May 24, 2020
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
Provides direction, monitors workload and manages performance
target achievement for a team of 15-20 non-represented employees
and Individual Contributors through daily communication, problem
solving, and proactive monitoring of team performance. Responsible
for customer follow up, facilitates difficult calls, ensures
internal reporting and performance metrics, provides status
appropriately using internal systems, and demonstrates expertise
with all Service Assurance processes and procedures for creating
and managing service-related trouble tickets on product line. A
Manager is responsible for leading leaders of people with a focus
representing approximately 40% strategic, 30% tactical and 30%
Lead the Public Safety Services (PSS) Next Generation 911 (NG911)
team within the Service Assurance organization. Provide management
support for all CenturyLink NG911 solutions in a 24/7 environment
including network monitoring, customer support, vendor management,
and regulatory reporting.
- Schedule may vary to support 24/7 work center, typical schedule
days Monday - Friday.
- Will be required to rotate after hours on call to support the
- Must perform work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and perform under
- Must be willing and able to work with other coworkers to
complete job assignments.
The Main Responsibilities
- Supervises, educates, motivates and coaches both management and
non-represented employees who are responsible for providing NG911
network and customer support. Provides immediate coaching and
supervision. Typically, 15-20 direct reports.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose performance issues, set goals,
establish measurements, and confront deficiencies. Strong focus on
- Responsible for all center or functional group operations,
including activities and performance.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work
plans and objectives/goals. Responsible for all personnel training
- Management of day-to-day operations for production platforms
supporting internal and external customers
- Professional Development of employees by focusing on individual
needs, training requirements, and skill level
- Project Management of internal and external team projects
- Management of interactions with vendors and suppliers
- Ensuring customer focus with user communities, both internal
- Interaction with leadership within the company to ensure open
communication and relationships
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements and applicable critical
Industry certifications are met
- May intercede on calls with difficult customers and/or calls
requiring in depth knowledge of the organization's
- Responsible for defining and driving comprehensive strategy and
implementation plans regarding IT and Vendor Systems and their
interactions with the NOC Infrastructure support tools and
- Effectively communicates changes to team and continually
strives to improve employee engagement.
- Responds to inquires; investigates and resolves problems; and
interfaces with key customers and internal stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems.
- Coordinates, evaluates work activities to achieve expected
operational objectives and conduct performance management of
- Actively supports, participates and contributes toward the
achievement of targeted customer, team and individual
- Diagnoses individual and team performance issues; communicates,
coaches and manages improvement to attain targeted results.
- Celebrates successes utilizing appropriate reward and
- Motivates team to continual improvement and achievement of
- Identifies opportunities for synergies and implements.
- Communicates and models the CenturyLink Unifying
What We Look For in a Candidate
Candidates selected for an interview should be prepared to answer
questions and provide examples of the following: Strong customer
focus; logical behavior; high integrity; ability to see the big
picture and balance long and short term goals; willingly assumes
responsibility and ownership; ability to work with other people,
team demonstrated commitment to diversity; and continuous learning
management of conflict resolution.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency and consistently
demonstrate leadership and a high level of engagement with
supervisors and team members.
- Awareness of and ability to appropriately communicate and
manage escalations relative to core network jeopardy situations,
outages, and impacts to customer service.
- Effectiveness in providing feedback in a timely manner, and
must possess strong communication, coaching, mentoring, and
performance management skills.
- Ability to track and analyze results, including network
operations, productivity, and financial performance
- Ability to articulate issues that arise from core network
implementation, design, repair, surveillance, and performance
management to the appropriate groups to secure resolution. This
includes internal organizations, vendors/suppliers, Public Policy /
Regulatory and Executive Leadership.
- Ability to communicate courteously and professionally with
customers, outside contacts including vendors and other employees,
including various levels of staff and management.
- Ability to handle situations involving conflict while promoting
a positive company image.
- Strong people management skills including appraising
performance, coaching, conflict management, employee development,
communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills - oral, written, and presentation
skills required. Ability to communicate effectively with personnel
within direct sphere of influence.
- Goal and detail oriented.
- Ability to perform under emergency conditions manages competing
tasks simultaneously, possibly with frequent interruptions.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work weekends and nights when necessary.
- Skilled in the use of operating personal computers utilizing
Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook programs.
- Ability to read and follow technical instructions.
- Proven Quality Leadership experience
- Understanding of CenturyLink's 911 regulatory environment
- Ability to lead, motivate, and influence others to exceed set
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, a related
field or the equivalent in training and experience.
- 6-8 years of work experience with communications networks or
the equivalent in training and experience.
- Three years management experience, with proven leadership
- 2+ years of technical experience with IP, network routing,
- 2+ years of technical experience with SD-WAN
- CCENT, Network+, CCNA, CCDA, or equivalent level
- 3+ years of management experience in a technical role
supporting IP, SD-WAN, or other NG911 related technologies
Alternate Location: US-Georgia-Norcross
Requisition #: 223679
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Atlanta , Mgr NOC, Other , Norcross, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!