Vascular Ultrasound Tech
Posted on: February 16, 2020
At Emory Healthcare, we integrate science and caring to change the
face of health care. Our team members are courageous individuals
who are willing to challenge the status quo and help find solutions
to complex problems. We're empowered to influence change for, and
with, our patients, their families, the community and each
As one of the leading academic medical systems, we're eager to
share what we learn with hospitals around the country, and the
world. We've got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission
to lead the way in developing new and better approaches to
preventing and treating disease, and our patients get treatments
years before anyone else.
We're defining a new standard of care for humankind. Are YOU ready
to join us?
- Operates vascular US equipment to produce scans and physiologic
equipment to produce plethysmographic and Doppler waveforms and
segmental pressure data for diagnostic procedures in the Vascular
Lab. Operates other medical equipment as needed.
- Provides quality patient care to patients having vascular
- May participate in more complex procedures.
- Communicates and explains various procedures to patients and
- Processes required paper work, and has knowledge of all
supplies, and stocks rooms.
- Assists in training vascular staff and students.
- Responsible for clinical care of patient.
- Assesses patient's condition and vascular status to determine
and perform appropriate exam and obtain specific diagnostic
- Performs vascular procedures and analyzes data with minimal
- Sets up procedure rooms including equipment and supplies in a
comfortable environment for patients.
- Obtains, films, and records optimum vascular US scans and
physiologic exams; analyzes relevant data prior to interpretation
by Vascular Lab physician.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of vascular anatomy and
physiology as evidenced in the performance of examinations.
- Uses investigative skills to evaluate appropriateness of
physician's orders in relation to patient's vascular condition and
- Provides physician with oral or written preliminary report to
aid in patient diagnosis and management.
- Explains procedures to patients to reduce anxiety and to obtain
- Assists with patient/family education.
- Keeps patients and families abreast of patient's progress.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of ultrasound technology,
vascular technology or a cardiovascular program.
- Two years of ultrasound experience with at least one of those
years in an area of vascular technology. RVT, RVS or RT (VS)
- BLS certification required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium): 20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day
(occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently);
01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max;
Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing &
walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing,
reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned
work area and work tasks
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may
vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental
exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen
exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors
Communicable diseases Electrical shock , Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold
Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient
care/handling injuries, Radiation , Shift work, Travel may be
required. Use of personal protective equipment, including
respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on
assigned work area and work tasks
Keywords: Emory, Atlanta , Vascular Ultrasound Tech, Other , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!