Remediation Compliance, Legal Assistant
Company: Credit Acceptance Corporation
Posted on: September 22, 2023
Credit Acceptance is proud to be an award-winning company with
local and national workplace recognition in multiple categories!
Our world-class culture is shaped by dedicated Team Members who
share a drive to succeed as professionals and together as a
company. A great product, amazing people and our stable financial
history have made us one of the largest used car finance companies
nationally.Our Support teams work with multiple departments in a
dynamic environment that promotes flexibility and autonomy, while
offering the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse group of
professionals.-- We work to comply with our company standards,
exceed customer expectations and drive our Great Place to Work
culture.-- Through the consistent delivery of quality services and
understanding the needs of our business, we develop innovative
improvements as we strive towards our company's Big, Hairy,
The purpose of the Legal Assistant, Remediation, Compliance
position is to support the department attorneys in carrying out
aspects of the Remediation Program and Compliance Management
Program.Outcomes and Activities:
- This position will work from home; occasional planned travel to
an office location may be required. However, this position is
permitted to work at an office location if requested by the team
- Assess potential remediation opportunities.-- This may include:
- Reviewing and assessing accounts and account-level data for
potential compliance concerns; and
- Engaging the business, consumers, or third parties to gather
information and data.
- Develop a remediation plan.-- This may include:
- Analyzing data to identify impacted accounts;
- Coordinating necessary resources;
- Facilitating and leading meetings with various departments in a
clear and concise manner; and
- Drafting a plan that details the steps necessary to execute the
- Coordinate with multiple business units to execute remediation
activities.-- This may include:
- Providing the status of remediation work through clear,
accurate, and concise updates and meetings;
- Auditing accounts and data to ensure that the Company executed
the remediation as planned; and
- Maintaining-- accurate and organized records of the remediation
- Support other compliance-related activities as needed.Knowledge
- Verbal Communication: Speaks in a respectful, clear, concise,
organized, and effective manner for the intended audience.
- Written Communication: Writes in a clear, concise, organized
and effective manner for the intended audience.
- Data Analysis: Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or
patterns in complex data sets to determine impacted accounts.
- Problem Solving: Ability to understand, interpret, and act on
information promptly and effectively.
- Escalation: Recognizes areas of risk and escalates through the
proper channels in a timely manner.
- Time Management: Effectively manages time and resources to
ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Critical Thinking: Understands complex information coming from
multiple sources and how that information is used to evaluate a
remediation opportunity and perform corrective action. Communicate
respectfully, clearly, and concisely to all levels of the
- Remain positive, professional, determined, calm, and focused
when faced with challenging situations.
- Problem solve and assess the root cause of issues.
- Be organized, able to multi-task, and prioritize multiple
requests to meet all deadlines.
- Document activities in a clear and concise manner.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Be self-driven, motivated to help, and able to perform with
minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Experience with quickly learning and becoming a subject matter
expert in new systems/processes.Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of two years of recent and relevant work experience in
financial services industry, law firm, regulatory compliance, or
legal department --OR a Bachelor's Degree with 1 year recent and
relevant work experience in data analysis
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite of products, specifically
intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS
- Bachelor's DegreeTargeted Compensation: $26.15 - $32.00 /hour +
a yearly bonus plan
Our Company Values:To be successful in this role, Team Members need
- Positive by maintaining resiliency and focusing on
- Respectful by collaborating and actively listening
- Insightful by cultivating innovation, accumulating business and
role specific knowledge, demonstrating self-awareness and making
- Direct by effectively communicating and conveying courage
- Earnest by taking accountability, applying feedback and
effectively planning and priority settingExpectations:
- Remain compliant with our policies processes and legal
- All other duties as assigned
- Attendance as required by department--Advice!We understand that
your career search may look different than others. Our hiring team
wants to make sure that this would be a fit not just for us, but
for you long term. --If you are actively looking or starting to
explore new opportunities, send us your application! P.S.We have
great details around our stats, success, history and more. --We're
proud of our culture and are happy to share why - let's talk!
Required degrees must have been earned at institutions of Higher
Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education
Accreditation or equivalent.
Credit Acceptance is dedicated to providing an inclusive
environment for all. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and value a culturally diverse workforce. We believe in
ensuring all team members demonstrate mutual respect for one
another. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to protected characteristics like age,
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran or disability status.
California Residents: Please click for the California Consumer
Privacy Act (CCPA) notice regarding the personal information Credit
Acceptance may collect from you.
Play the video below to learn more about our Company culture.
Keywords: Credit Acceptance Corporation, Atlanta , Remediation Compliance, Legal Assistant, Legal , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!