Software Engineer - Mobile App Developer
Posted on: July 16, 2019
What you'll be doing...
At Verizon Connect (VZConnect), we guide a connected world on the
We're in it to win it. Today we're the #1 global provider of fleet
management solutions for both enterprise and small/medium
businesses. Our consumer products, like Hum, create a more
connected ride with vehicle diagnostics, emergency assistance, and
WiFi. And to top it off, our partnerships with major car
manufacturers help us care for more drivers with our connected
As a top twenty SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most
important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower
them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine
the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the
resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an
established tech giant.
We are looking for an outstanding Mobile Lead / Architect to help
tackle the exciting technical opportunities ahead. This is an
opportunity to develop high-profile elements of the Connect Car
APIs, build systems at scale, leverage open source and cloud
technologies, and seek challenging and business-impacting
We are looking for dynamic individual who will transform the
applications new generation of connected car platform. Ideal person
should have strong development and operational skills.
- Present technical ideas and high-level concepts and solutions
to internal and external team members with varying degrees of
- Interpret requirements to produce a design that conforms to
- Convert functional requirements into user interface designs and
prototypes, and developed application(s)
- Collaborate with Product, Operations and other Stakeholders to
build the applications
- Understanding of User Experience, to deliver elegant
transitions, flows inside the mobile applications
- Experience Architecting/Developing Secure applications,
securing data on the Mobile Phone and with security concepts of
SSL, Certificates and Secure Web services.
- Leading Android, iOS & Cross Platform Technical team
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- One or more years of experience in software development.
- Experience in architecting & developing Mobile (Android, iOS,
React Native) applications.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience in Architecting Restful APIs to integrate mobile
applications to server-side systems.
- Experience in Adopting Mobile & API Best Practices.
- Experience in developing solution architecture.
- Knowledge of performance testing and optimization
- Knowledge of recommended design patterns and
- Experience with development tools and workflows (modern source
control systems, unit testing, continuous workflow, etc.).
- Development experience (React Native, HTML5/CSS/Java Script,
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Atlanta , Software Engineer - Mobile App Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!