Senior Engineering Support Specialist
Posted on: June 20, 2019
What you'll be doing... Verizon Connect is guiding a connected
world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the
way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full
suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation,
automation and connected data to work for customers and help them
be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500
dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile
technology platforms and solutions. As a SaaS leader, we know our
talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top
talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of
Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up
environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand
recognition of an established tech giant. Position Summary
Description: The Engineering Support Specialist will assist
engineering in providing Tier 3 support services to customers and
Tier 2 customer support. Additionally, this position will assist
engineers in collecting and evaluating data for ongoing and new
projects and called upon to do some analysis and development work.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Support on-going Tier 3 (engineering) customer support and
- Develop automation scripts in SQL (Oracle & MS SQL Server), and
UNIX shell scripting to resolve software issues reported by Hum IoT
devices in production.
- Write Queries in Elastic Search to visualize the data for
- Perform Splunk queries and automation to monitor the device
logs and raise alerts when required.
- Conduct in-depth analysis on Hum device logs, identify gaps and
issues, and make recommendations, including discovering new
- Assist engineering and individual engineers with data
- Write and execute SQL queries for reporting and research
- Use Verizon Wireless tools, including MARS, MTAS and ACSS to
identify device connectivity issues, to monitor network logs and to
proactively fix device authentication issues.
- Reduce redundancy of report requests from business users by
creating daily, weekly, and monthly reports using SQL Query.
- Perform analysis of vehicle issues being reported by customers
related to the operation of Hum and the interaction with the other
computer control units in the vehicle.
- Develop utilities, test tools and product features under the
supervision of other developers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. What we're looking
for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience with SQL queries and database
- Two or more years with Java or other high-level computer
- Experience in computer application skills, such as MS Office or
- Willingness to travel. Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science,
Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Six or more years of experience developing software
applications and/or solutions.
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical data at the level
needed to perform the required duties.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ablilityto work under limited supervision.
- Experience with elastic search or NoSQL queries.
- Technical customer support experience. When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us
Keywords: Verizon, Atlanta , Senior Engineering Support Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!