Senior Firmware Software Engineer
Posted on: June 15, 2019
What you'll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by
automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles
and things move through the world. Our full suite of
industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation
and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer,
more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated
employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology
platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important
component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do
their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and
excitement of a start-up environment with the resources,
operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established
tech giant. You will be a core contributor to the Hum Firmware Team
located in Atlanta, GA responsible for designing, developing,
testing, and delivering firmware for next generation in-vehicle
consumer and enterprise telematics devices used for vehicle
tracking, fleet management, driver behavior analysis and emergency
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Define software architecture for product platforms.
- Develop software functional specifications for products.
- Develop and specify data protocol messages required to transfer
feature specific data between device, cellular network and backend
- Develop software source code for products.
- Coordinate design of subsystems and integration of total
system. Includes systems modeling, experimentation and data
analysis, and system testing.
- Incorporate technologies from multiple disciplines including
software engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineer,
electro-magnetic, digital signal processing and control
- Design changes to improve overall system performance.
- Assist the QA team in test plan creation and review.
- Coordinate with manufacturing to release and maintain
- May make recommendations to the future direction of the
- May perform limited project management duties.
- Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through
- Work with communication protocols and peripherals, such as LTE,
WiFi, BTLE, TCP/IP, and GPS.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Five or more years of experience in designing and developing
firmware in the embedded microprocessor electronics industry.
- Five or more years of experience writing software in C/C++ in
an embedded environment with an understanding of assembly
- Experience with USB, UART, CAN, I2C and SPI.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Atlanta , Senior Firmware Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!