Waveserver Software Developer - New Grad
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams
enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible
work environment that empowers an individual's passions, growth,
wellbeing and belonging. We're a technology company that leads with
our humanity-driving our business priorities alongside meaningful
social, community, and societal impact. Since 1992, Ciena has been
driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in
a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every
day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world -
picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved
one - your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies.
Ciena makes your social/entertainment/business existence REAL.How
You Will Contribute:Requirements for telecommunications networks
are constantly evolving, and our products also need to advance and
scale to meet the needs of our customers while also delivering
uniform and consistent user experiences.As a Waveserver Software
Developer in a dynamic team environment, you will push the
boundaries of what is possible in optical network solutions. You
will contribute to projects that play critical roles in our network
solutions and help build upon our innovative technology. You will
also challenge yourself and others by bringing fresh ideas to new
challenges and leading by example.
- You will play a key role in crafting, developing, testing,
deploying, maintaining, and improving software.
- You will be accountable for managing individual project
priorities, assignments, and timelines.
- You will participate in the full software development
lifecycle, collaborating with multi-functional teams of developers,
UX designers, quality assurance teams & release managers.What Does
Ciena Expect of You?
- Initiative - You are a self-starter who works with limited
direction and is committed to delivering against aggressive
- Agility - you are readily able to make key decisions and manage
competing and ever-changing account priorities.
- Communication expertise - the ability to influence and tailor
your message and ideas to the audience to ensure understanding and
- An ability to go 'up and down the ladder' - capable of seeing
the big picture, but also understanding the importance of the
details and analysis.
- The flexibility towork independentlyand aspart of a broader
team - you thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment, but are
comfortable working independently as required.
- Relationship builder - with an innate ability to influence, you
can quickly develop trusted connections and get work done across
- A commitment to innovation - you keep abreast of the market and
competitive developments and are always keen to formulate new ideas
and problem solve.The Must Haves:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer
Science or a related field coupled with a proven track record in
- Demonstrated ability to develop with one or more of the
following programming languages - C, C++ or Python.
- Experience working with Linux-based developer tools and
debugging environment such as GNU, GCC, GDB, Insight.
- Knowledge of development tools such as Git, JIRA, Yocto,
- Familiarity with CI frameworks such as Jenkins.Assets:
- Proven experience developing software embedded solutions
engineered for performance and reliability on multi-processor,
highly concurrent systems.Why Ciena:
- We are big proponents of life-work integration and provide the
flexibility and tools to make it a reality with remote work and
potentially, part-time work.
- We believe an inclusive, diverse, and barrier-free work
environment makes for empowered and committed employees.
- We recognize the importance of well-being and offer programs
and benefits to support and sustain the mental and physical health
of our employees and their families and provide a variety of paid
family leave programs.
- We are committed to employee development, offering tuition
reimbursement, in-house learning, and mentorship
- We know that financial security is important. We offer
competitive salaries and incentive programs, RSU's (job level
specific) and an employee share option purchase program.
- We realize time away to recharge is non-negotiable. We offer
unlimited paid time off!
- Great work deserves recognition. We have a robust recognition
program, with ongoing and enhanced awards for exemplary
performance.At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an
environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and
heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its
employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of
discrimination.Ciena is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including
disability and protected veteran status.If contacted in relation to
a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation
measures you may require.
Keywords: Ciena, Atlanta , Waveserver Software Developer - New Grad, IT / Software / Systems , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!