Senior Specialist-Technology Service Management
Location: Forest Park
Posted on: June 25, 2022
DIRECTV is changing the way the world experiences entertainment.
We're delivering cutting edge products and services that redefine
the future. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we're
revolutionizing the way our customers access content anytime,
anywhere. With premier video services like DIRECTV, our industry
leading team, is at the forefront of making it all happen.
Together, we're creating the best entertainment and communications
experience in the world. DIRECTV is looking for a talented, highly
motivated, self-driven individual with technical experience in
advertising to join our service operations team as a Sr.
Specialist. You will work on a team that owns monitor & control and
technical recovery for all our advertising platforms ( DTV, Uverse,
Streaming). Duties and Responsibilities (ability to perform
Specialist functions and including):
- You will provide on-site technical next level support for
DIRECTV advertising across Satellite delivery, IPTV and Streaming.
Maintain and continuously improve the support experience through
scripting, automation, and tooling opportunities.
- System administration of various advertising platforms and
- Configure and diagnose a variety of SCTE triggers across
transport, and transmission equipment.
- Perform complex root cause analysis and driving resolution
including next step action plan.
- Summarize, document and present technical information in both
verbal and written form.
- Help lead/manage a shift by assigning shift tasks to personnel,
ensuring all daily shift tasks are completed by team and personnel
schedule management. Including organize/join troubleshooting
bridges, chatrooms and send leadership escalations/notifications.
As the successful candidate, you will need to possess several of
the following job qualifications:
- Monitoring and Detection - Continuous improvement of event
detection and alerting capabilities and auto-remediation. Partner
with cross functional teams to drive strategic change and improve
our data tools, and other visual aids for a better monitoring
experience. Experience with Splunk, Grafana and similar tools are
- Database Management - Maintains and supports service database,
MOP documentation and diagrams to ensure our data is always updated
- Video/Advertising subsystems - Thorough understanding of video
advertising system across both traditional video services as well
as streaming platforms.
- System Administration- In depth Linux administration and being
able to : Analyze log data, shell scripting, web services and high
availability systems. Experience working with HLS Manifest, pushing
configuration updates through both Manual/Ansible, API calls via
Postman, reading XML/JSON/YAML files.
- Administrative Support - Provide administrative support of
services including Incident response, root cause analysis, and
problem management across a diverse set of technologies all while
utilize ServiceNow/Jira. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Engineering, IT Engineering,
Computer Science or related field, and/or equivalent work
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working within technical
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working within system
administration Additional Requirements:
- Be able to cover any shift spanning the 24/7 environment,
including weekends, holidays, overtime and on-call rotation.
- All candidates must possess a valid ID and successfully pass a
drug test and background check This is a remote position that can
be located anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote COVID
Statement -This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19
Vaccination Policy. Click for additional information. Salary Range
Our Senior Specialist - Technology Service Manager can earn between
$63,700 to $127,300 a year. Not to mention all of the other amazing
rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to
tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products
and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about
around here. Ready to join our team? Apply today!RSRDTV Job
Posting: May 23, 2022, 4:48:21 PMSchedule: Full-timeJob Level:
Associate/First Level Manager - provided by Dice
Keywords: DIRECTV, Atlanta , Senior Specialist-Technology Service Management, IT / Software / Systems , Forest Park, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!