Technical Software Support Specialist
Company: Hannon Hill
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Who We Are:
We're a passionate team of hardworking people who enjoy what we do.
At Hannon Hill, we build and support content management and digital
personalization tools that make it easy for non-technical users to
build sophisticated websites that deliver powerful user
Our flagship product, Cascade CMS, empowers users to create, edit,
and share digital content across sites and channels. Clive is an
engagement and real-time personalization tool for collecting
visitor attributes and delivering relevant content.
We're on strong financial footing with over 21 years of organic
growth, and continue to maintain our reputation as the commercial
content management system for higher education.
Your primary responsibility is to deliver excellent customer
support for inbound customer inquiries. You are expected to be a
product expert in all Hannon Hill products with varying degrees of
proficiency depending on the exact area of the product.
You'll work with incredibly talented colleagues on our Support and
Product teams who work tirelessly on behalf of our customers to
ensure their success. Our Support team works closely with our
Product Engineering and Systems teams and it is often that
questions will be escalated to engineers for further
We collaborate with customers and colleagues in Zendesk and use
Intercom for in-app messaging. We also engage with our customer
community in a Hannon Hill Users Slack network. Most of the work
will be written communication with customers through one of these
channels. Conversations in Zendesk tend to be more asynchronous
(more similar to support over email) whereas conversations in
Intercom can be faster paced like true chat support. There are
times where we will reach out to customers (or they to us) to
schedule a screenshare to investigate issues further in real
You are expected to handle around 15-25 conversations per day of
varying complexity. Some will be simple product questions to which
you may know or be able to easily find a specific answer. Others
may require deeper investigation and could last for a couple of
days or more.
Our goals include maintaining a median first response time of 30
minutes and a 99% customer satisfaction rate across all channels.
However, we always value meaningful, comprehensive, and correct
responses over fast ones. There may be times where a longer reply
that takes more time to research and compose is necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a product advocate as customers come to you with product
questions and issues across a variety of support channels
- Conduct 15-25 conversations with customers per day of varying
- Create specific support materials (e.g FAQs)
- Identify areas for potential improvement of products.
- Reach out to customers to help them when we can identify that
they're experiencing problems.
- Contribute improvements to our existing product knowledge
- Support internal staff with product related questions and
- Become a product expert on all products and learn new features
and products as they become available.
- Help compile customers experiences and insights to share with
the Product team as a "Voice of the Customer" report and through
our customer feedback product.
We're looking for someone to work 9a-6pm or 10am-7pm Eastern with
with the ability to shift working hours by 1-2 hours a few times a
month with advance notice. We prefer someone willing to work 2-3
days per week in our Atlanta office but are open to remote work in
other timezones. If you're working in another timezone, you need to
be able to cover the above shifts without working a graveyard shift
(i.e plus/minus roughly 3-4 hours from Eastern timezone).
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communicator across a variety of
- Maintains a professional and calm demeanor in interactions with
- An empathetic listener who can advocate for both the customer
and the company where appropriate
- Enjoys problem solving, research and teaching yourself new
tools and technology
- Ability to learn complex technical products
- Prior experience supporting technical products in a low volume,
high touch capacity
- HTML/CSS/JS development experience is preferred
- Prior experience programming in a web (PHP, Ruby) or scripting
- Interest in presenting at our conferences or to customers in
other contexts is a plus
We offer a comprehensive benefits and perks program to include:
- Cigna Medical, Dental, Vision with generous employer
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid time off
- Hybrid in-office/ telework structure
- Annual paid self care days with self care stipend
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Annual professional development reimbursement
- Free life insurance and short term disability insurance
- Paid volunteer days
- Lunch brought in two days a week for employees
- Employer provided MacBook and other required equipment
- Spotify subscription reimbursement
- Membership at Atlanta Tech Village with access to rooftop,
fitness center, community room, all you can eat and drink snack
kitchens, networking events, dry cleaning machine, and all
sponsored events held in ATV (startup chowdown, free massages and
gift wrapping around the holidays, and more!)
- Company sponsored events
- Annual wellness challenge
Keywords: Hannon Hill, Atlanta , Technical Software Support Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!