Posted on: May 16, 2022
Senior Software Engineer: Build Something Meaningful
As a Software Engineer at CrowdStreet, you'll be an important part
of our team, collaborating on a scalable, next-generation platform.
You'll bring your passion for defining and implementing software
that provides high impact value to our customers. You care about
writing clean and performant code and can work on front-end or
back-end tasks. You'll add features, help resolve performance and
scalability problems, and develop functionality to allow investors
to evaluate investment opportunities, complete an online investment
transaction workflow, build a real estate portfolio, track
investment performance and chart returns.
The Success You'll Build: Primary Responsibilities
- Design and deliver production quality code to support new
features on our product roadmap.
- Research new technologies and solutions when needed.
- Work with product management and team members to understand
business requirements and provide accurate estimations.
- Collaborate on our technology roadmap and turn visions into
- Document all code; share and communicate with others on the
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to mid and earlier
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed:
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer building modern web
applications in Java using an Agile development process
- 2+ years experience with data Modeling and querying w/ SQL
(e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (such as MongoDB)
- 3+ years experience building a REST API's
- 2+ years experience building responsive web applications using
- Experience with Git, GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket or
- Passion for writing and delivering high quality code
The Competencies You'll Need:
- Amazon Web Services (i.e., ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, RDS
- Knowledge of security best practices when building web
The What - Technical/Functional:
You will work on a modern front-end stack consisting of ReactJS (w/
Redux). Our backend is comprised of Java, using Lambda
microservices where applicable. We use Atlassian tools (JIRA,
BitBucket, BitBucket Pipelines) and Amazon Web Services for
continuous integration and deployment. We follow standard Agile /
Scrum processes with sprints, stories, stand-ups, retrospectives
and a fast automated zero-downtime deployment process.
The How - Values:
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected
and motivated by our common mission:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, contribute to healthy
discussion, commit to decisions
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and
inclusion, be a positive influence on others
- Impact: Embrace the journey, focus on what matters, build
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance &
corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and
beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, lead, reward,
recognize and work together as a team.
We offer comprehensive health care including dental, vision, life
and disability insurance, flexible PTO, family leave, a 401K, a
monthly stipend to support remote work, and regular in-person
gatherings, and culture created through shared core values.
CrowdStreet is the leading online commercial real estate investing
marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the
CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in
institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to
provide the best online real estate investing experience and make
it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are essential to
achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender,
nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style
and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us
collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed
to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and
engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.
Keywords: Crowdstreet, Atlanta , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!