Software Engineer, SDN / Networking / Embedded Systems - 100% remote or Nashua, NH
Company: Arista Networks
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Company DescriptionArista Networks was founded to pioneer and
deliver software-driven cloud networking solutions for large data
center storage and computing environments. Arista's award-winning
platforms, ranging in Ethernet speeds from 10 to 100 gigabits per
second, redefine scalability, agility and resilience. Arista has
shipped more than 10 million cloud networking ports worldwide with
CloudVision and EOS, an advanced network operating system.
Committed to open standards, Arista is a founding member of the
25/50GbE consortium. Arista Networks products are available
worldwide directly and through partners.At the core of Arista's
platform is the Extensible Operating System (EOS---), a
ground-breaking network operating system with single-image
consistency across hardware platforms, and modern core architecture
enabling in-service upgrades and application extensibility.
Job DescriptionArista Networks is looking for world-class software
engineers at multiple levels to join our team to build product
features related to SDN, Routing Protocols, Network Management,
Packet Forwarding Engines, Linux kernel and Network OS
infrastructure. You will be part of a fast paced, high caliber team
building the software for the routing and switching products used
to build the industry's largest data center networks.
At Arista, you will own your projects from definition to
deployment, and you will be responsible for the quality of
everything you deliver. You will also have the opportunity to work
on multiple projects and areas based on business needs and personal
interest.This role demands a strong and broad software engineering
background. Your role will not be limited to any single aspect of
software development at Arista, but will cover all aspects of
software development spanning the addition of new features,
debugging problems and fine tuning code for scalability and
- Review and contribute to the specifications and implementations
written by other team members.
- Design and develop features, feature tests and solutions. Fix
bugs and refactor code as needed.
- Work with Customer Support Engineers to analyze problems in
customer networks and provide fixes for those problems when needed
in the form of new software releases or software patches.
- Work with the System Test Engineers to analyze problems found
in their tests and provide fixes for those problems. Qualifications
- At least BS Computer Science + 3 years' experience, MS Computer
Science + 2 years' experience, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or
equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of one or more of C++, Python, Go, C.
- Knowledge of UNIX or Linux.
- Understanding of IP networking and/or distributed systems.
- Hands on experience in the design and development of Ethernet
bridging or routing related software or distributed systems
- Applied understanding of software engineering principles.
- Strong problem solving and software troubleshooting
- Ability to design a solution and implement features
independently. Ability to work in small teams.
Keywords: Arista Networks, Atlanta , Software Engineer, SDN / Networking / Embedded Systems - 100% remote or Nashua, NH, IT / Software / Systems , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!