Lead Software Engineer (Remote)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of
organizations around the world manage a fleet. Transportation
technology is a hot market and we're leading the charge, with
raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We recently
raised a $21M Series B round and are on an exciting trajectory as a
We are looking for a product-minded, hands-on, Software Engineering
Leader with a strong passion for leading people. This is a hybrid
role that offers a good balance between hands-on code contribution
and leadership. The ideal candidate is someone who has the ability
to lead a small team of engineers to achieve product delivery goals
and help them grow their careers.
In this role, youll wear multiple hats depending on the situation -
engineer, leader, coach, mentor. This role is hugely impactful in
helping shape Fleetios engineering culture. If you enjoy making a
positive impact on people and building great products, we highly
encourage you to apply.
This is a remote role and is open to candidates based in the United
States, Canada, or Mexico.
More About Fleetio
- Fleetio overview video:
- More about the Fleetio platform:
- API docs: developer.fleetio.com
- Test drive Fleetio to get an even better feel for what were
What youll be doing
- You'll work closely with Product Managers, Designers, and other
leaders to ensure your team has clear goals and direction.
- Youll maintain a healthy culture within the team, that is in
line with company values and our engineering philosophies.
- Youll collaboratively design and architect features, refactor
as necessary and write elegant and performant code.
- Youll conduct weekly 1-on-1s with your direct reports to ensure
good morale and address needs.
- Youll participate in team meetings as necessary (business and
technical). We place great emphasis on NOT conducting ineffective,
unnecessary meetings and are an advocate for focus times. At the
same time, we expect our leaders to attend, participate in team
meetings that we believe are important for the flow of information
that will help them (as a leader) provide timely context to your
- Youll help with recruiting efforts by participating in the
hiring manager screen, leading team interviews, and ensuring the
team provides meaningful feedback.
- You'll have a strong voice in the development and planning
processes, so senior-level experience is key.
Whats in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of "A" players who go above and
beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will build
software used by people all around the world. So many different
types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and
Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it's a huge market).
- Work remotely (within the United States, Canada or Mexico), or
at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works
remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote
working culture since the beginning (2012)
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families
and hobbies and know you do, too.
Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous
squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product
vision. Were hardcore believers in easy-to-use software and our
main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously
deliver meaningful value to our customers. Weve optimized our CI/CD
tools and processes to get code into our production environments
easily, resulting in an average of 40 deploys per week.
- Check out our Engineering culture page:
- Watch our culture videos: https://fleet.io/culture
- Proven full-stack development experience with Ruby on Rails,
React (or similar front ends libraries/frameworks) + Postgres
- Proven experience leading a software engineering team
- Strong track record leading engineering team(s) to consistently
deliver quality software
- History of exercising sound judgment and decision-making
- Strong passion and experience in coaching, mentoring
- Ability to bring people together and create an environment that
breeds trust and respect for each other.
- Experience solving challenging architecture problems with good
- Excellent communication skills
- Be sure to mention "coffee" in your application so we know you
Considered a plus
- Experience with ReactJS, TypeScript
- Experience with Tailwind or CSS-in-JS frameworks
- You know a thing or two about the Fleet industry
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO - 4 weeks
- 8 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012
For Non-U.S. based candidates, Fleetio offers a country-specific
competitive benefits package.
Not quite what you were hoping for? Check out our other engineering
Fleetio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all. All employment is decided on the basis of
qualifications, merit and business need.
This application is not intended to and does not create a contract
or offer of employment. Employment with Fleetio is at will.
If you have a disability or a special need that requires an
accommodation to fill out the online application, please let us
know by calling (205) 718-7500 or emailing
Keywords: Fleetio, Atlanta , Lead Software Engineer (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!