Software Engineer, Support
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Itential provides powerful network automation software to companies
worldwide, from Fortune 500 telecommunications and financial
services companies, to enterprises of all sizes. We are committed
to building world-class products that accelerate the move toward
software-driven networks and next generation, agile network
operations. Our corporate headquarters are in Atlanta with offices
in the UK and we are growing fast! We are searching for an
experienced Software Engineer to join our Automation Support
Software Engineers on Itential's Automation Support team are
responsible for the end-to-end support for our internal Automation
teams and their respective customers. You will address technical
issues and concerns that customers have within our proprietary
automation platform after our Automation teams have configured it
in the customer's production environments. This is not a
traditional software support role, as you will be at the forefront
of innovative solutions that have been custom-built for our
clients. You will excel in this role because you are great at
solving problems, reverse engineering, debugging, troubleshooting,
and finding solutions to issues that prevent them from occurring at
scale. Most importantly, you are a software engineer with excellent
communication skills that wants a challenging, collaborative
environment to continue developing your software skills.
What Will You Tell Your Friends?
"My team helps our customers solve problems within our software.
Our customers build massive automations that run their IT
environments and our cell networks. Sometimes they hit a problem,
and I get to dive into a different problem each day and help our
customers find solutions!"
Redis, Ansible, Docker, Python, AWS, git, Postman, RabbitMQ, Java,
Linux (CentOS & Ubuntu)
Responsibilities And Duties
- Review, analyze, and debug customer issues
- Understand customer requirements and how they translate to
- Participate in code reviews and maintain coding standards
- Overall accountability of the customer's issue ensuring the
matter is resolved in a timely fashion or escalated as needed
- Ensure that your code is tested, robust, and secure
- Track project progress, issues, and impact
- Report and escalate issues and risks to management as
Qualifications And Skills
Don't meet these criteria? Check out our Careers page for other
Software Engineering opportunities!
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience using technologies frameworks in the MERN/MEAN
- 3+ years of experience supporting software platforms and custom
- Knowledge of consuming and creating APIs
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Comfortable using Linux/*nix CLI
- Excellent written and verbal skills
What Does the Interview Process Look Like?
- We highly recommend that you sign up for the free "Introduction
to the Itential Automation Platform" course on our website to
understand our software
- Initial phone screen with the Hiring Manager discussing a
combination of normal "intro" questions and technical
- Technical phone screen with a Software Engineer discussing a
detailed technical problem and your background
- Virtual "in-person" Interview - talk with up to 6 members of
the Delivery organization, covering Behavioral, Coding, and Design
questions over 2.5 hours
- That's it!
Salary: $90,000 - $125,000/year, depending upon experience
Location: Candidates able to regularly work in the Atlanta office
are preferred. Remote applicants within the US will be considered.
The Atlanta office has not reopened and local candidates will not
be required to come into the office immediately.
Benefits And Perks
- Brand new MacBook Pro
- 401(k) plan, partially matched by Itential
- Fully stocked soda fridges and snack pantries
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flex work time
- Volunteer and community engagement opportunities
- Find out more at
This is a direct hire position. No third parties, staffing
agencies, or recruiters accepted. No S-Corp or Corp-to-Corp.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Itential, Atlanta , Software Engineer, Support, IT / Software / Systems , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!