API Software Engineer
Company: NCR Corporation
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Make Simple Possible API Software Engineer ATLANTA, GA, USA
About NCR NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and
services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and
hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia,
with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR
Corporation in the United States and other countries.
-- In this exciting role you will join NCR's Business Service
Platform Team. The focus of the role is to develop next generation
of self-service applications, and to enhance existing solutions.
One of the key tenets of the team is to be customer focused. Want
to develop software that keeps commerce running around the world?
Then this is the role for you. The role will focus on developing
APIs to support retailers and consumers. The role will focus on
understanding requirements and delivering containerized APIs that
utilize cloud native services. You will get to utilize best in
class software tools like Google Cloud Platform and GitHub. Key
Areas of Responsibility
- Bring a new product to market.
- Develop high quality software which meets requirements,
promotes re-use of software components, and facilitates ease of
- Ensure high unit test coverage to enable easy refactoring and
quicker deployment cycles.
- Build automation for day to day tasks
- Analyze, design, and implement software mechanisms to improve
code stability, performance, and re-usability. Participates and
leads code review sessions.
- Communicate with Solution Management and other internal teams.
Participates in cross-functional collaboration within the
organization. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Discipline or equivalent work
- 5+ years of experience in software design and development
- Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong development, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills. Able to work in
teams and collaborative fashion.
- Java and Spring Boot
- Working knowledge of object-oriented languages
- RESTful service design and usage
- GitFlow Preferred Qualifications:
- Polyglot programming
- Thorough understanding of Design Patterns
- Performance Optimization
- Champion of Agile methodologies
- Experience with continuous integration systems like
- Deep knowledge and understanding to create secure solutions by
- Experience with tools or languages like:
- Google Cloud Platform Offers of employment are conditional upon
passage of screening criteria applicable to the job. EEO
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity
and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age,
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service,
genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct
protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive
company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their
individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to
strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding
and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at
NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies
on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes
to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR
facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated
with unsolicited resumes. Posted 29 Days Ago Full time R0100236
About Us We are NCR . We power incredible experiences that make
life easier. We're changing the way you bank, shop, eat and travel,
enabling nearly 700 million transactions daily. How do we do it
all? With iNCRedible people like you. A career here means embracing
our culture and shared values , always seeking new adventures, and
carving your own path. We've been around for more than 130 years
and we're just getting started. Join us as we build the future of
omnichannel experiences, and have fun doing it!
Keywords: NCR Corporation, Atlanta , API Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!