Senior Software Engineer, Kafka
Posted on: October 19, 2020
The Genesys Cloud Kafka Team provides infrastructure and
services used by the entirety of the Genesys Cloud platform. Every
microservice within the platform depends on our tier-0
mission-critical services. We build scalable, fault tolerant, and
self-healing services that maintain high availability even when
faced with simultaneous multiple failures at various levels. We
deliver low latent services built to withstand high throughput
usage patterns on the platform.
Our team creates the integral services that form the fundamental
backbone of Genesys Cloud.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Develop and deploy highly-available, fault-tolerant software
that will help drive improvements towards the features,
reliability, performance, and efficiency of the Genesys Cloud
- Actively review code, mentor, and provide peer
- Collaborate with engineering teams to identify and resolve pain
points as well as evangelize best practices.
- Partner with various teams to transform concepts into
requirements and requirements into services and tools.
- Guide implementation best practices and assist other teams with
implementation details in a variety of programming
- Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable architecture in
support of a variety of data applications.
- Build, deploy, maintain, and automate large global deployments
- Troubleshoot production issues and come up with solutions as
What you need to be successful in this role:
- This is a Java developer role first and foremost so
foundational experience building software is instrumental in this
- You have a product mindset. You are energized by building
things that will be heavily used.
- You have engineered scalable software using big data streaming,
pub/sub, and/or event-based technologies (e.g. Kafka, AWS MSK, AWS
Kinesis, AWS IoT, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc.)
- You have experience building near-realtime high throughput
- You design not just with a mind for solving a problem, but also
with maintainability, testability, monitorability, and automation
as top concerns.
Technologies we embrace:
- Right tool for the right job over
- Packer and Ansible for immutable machine images and
- AWS for cloud infrastructure.
- Infrastructure (and everything, really) as code.
- Automation for everything. CI/CD, testing, scaling, healing,
- Kafka and Kinesis for stream processing.
Every year, Genesys-- delivers more than 70 billion remarkable
customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries.
Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects
every customer moment across marketing, sales and service on any
channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys
pioneered Experience as a ServiceSM so organizations of any size
can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy,
and foster customer trust and loyalty. This is enabled by Genesys
CloudTM, an all-in-one solution and the---world's leading public
cloud contact center platform,---designed for rapid innovation,
scalability and flexibility. Visit www.genesys.com.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in
the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran
status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Keywords: Genesys, Atlanta , Senior Software Engineer, Kafka, IT / Software / Systems , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!