Senior Software Engineer, Analytics
Posted on: October 19, 2020
The Genesys Cloud Analytics platform is the foundation on which
decisions are made that directly impact our customer's experience
as well as their customers' experiences. We are a data-driven
company, handling tens of millions of events per day to answer
questions for both our customers and the business. From new
features to enable other development teams, to measuring
performance across our customer-base, to offering insights directly
to our end-users, we use our terabytes of data to move customer
In this role, you'll partner with a distributed team to build and
support a variety of analytical big data products. We are a team
whose focus is to operationalize big data products and curate
high-value datasets for the wider organization as well as to build
tools and services to expand the scope of and improve the
reliability of the data platform as our usage continues to grow on
a daily basis.
What you'll be doing in this role:
- Develop and deploy highly-available, fault-tolerant software
that will help drive improvements towards the features,
reliability, performance, and efficiency of the Genesys Cloud
- Actively review code, mentor, and provide peer
- Collaborate with engineering teams to identify and resolve pain
points as well as evangelize best practices.
- Partner with various teams to transform concepts into
requirements and requirements into services and tools.
- Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable architecture for all
stages of data lifecycle (ingest, streaming, structured and
unstructured storage, search, aggregation) in support of a variety
of data applications.
- Build abstractions and re-usable developer tooling to allow
other engineers to quickly build streaming/batch self-service
- Build, deploy, maintain, and automate large global deployments
- Troubleshoot production issues and come up with solutions as
What you need to be successful in this role:
- You are an experienced Java developer and maybe you've used
Python or similar languages as well but Java is our primary code
- You have experience in web-scale data and large-scale
distributed systems, ideally on cloud infrastructure.
- You have a product mindset. You are energized by building
things that will be heavily used.
- You have built scalable software using big data technologies
(Experience with at least one of these: Hadoop, Spark, Hive,
Presto, Flink, Samza, Storm, Elasticsearch, Druid,
- You have experience building data pipelines (real-time or
batch) on large complex datasets.
- A plus would be understanding messaging/queueing/stream
- You design not just with a mind for solving a problem, but also
with maintainability, testability, monitorability, and automation
as top concerns.
Technologies we embrace:
- Right tool for the right job over
- Packer and ansible for immutable machine images.
- AWS for cloud infrastructure.
- Infrastructure (and everything, really) as code.
- Automation for everything. CI/CD, testing, scaling, healing,
- Flink and Kafka for stream processing.
- Hadoop, Hive, and Spark for batch.
- Airflow for orchestration.
- Druid, Dynamo, Elasticsearch, Presto, and S3 for query and
Every year, Genesys-- delivers more than 70 billion remarkable
customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries.
Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects
every customer moment across marketing, sales and service on any
channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys
pioneered Experience as a ServiceSM so organizations of any size
can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy,
and foster customer trust and loyalty. This is enabled by Genesys
CloudTM, an all-in-one solution and the---world's leading public
cloud contact center platform,---designed for rapid innovation,
scalability and flexibility. Visit www.genesys.com.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in
the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran
status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Keywords: Genesys, Atlanta , Senior Software Engineer, Analytics, IT / Software / Systems , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!