Posted on: August 3, 2020
Experience the future of job applications! Click to complete a
quick chat with our AI recruiter, Wendy, and tell her about your
The Database Architect is a highly skilled individual whose primary
focus is design, recommend and implement standard practices to
improve Oracle database performance with focus on utilizing advance
feature a nd tuning practices of Oracle. Implement policies and
procedures to identify and correct tuning, configuration and
implementation issues with Oracle databases. This position is
responsible for installation, administration, maintenance and
optimizing performance of various database environments within
- Provide Production & Development Database Administration (DBA)
- Create database objects
- Execute SQL scripts to modify data
- User access management
- Review daily database jobs and database alerts
- Database Refreshes
- Proactive Database monitoring
- Work with developers to optimize, improve and tune new or
existing queries by rewriting queries or modifying indexes
- Participate in the planning, installation, configuration,
upgrades and maintenance of database instances
- Troubleshoot/Resolve database performance issues, database
capacity issues and database replication issues.
- Participate in strategic planning. Develop technical standards
and review the environments to ensure compliance with standards.
Perform short and long-range planning needs for databases and
applications, focusing on performance and sizing characteristics to
determine upcoming storage, CPU, memory, and network needs.
- Assist in providing technical guidance, support and training to
the database administration staff
Education & Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- BS degree or equivalent required
- 10-15 years of DBA experience supporting SQL Server, Oracle and
SSRS in a corporate environment. Experience in migrating Oracle on
Aix to Linux.
- Outstanding performance tuning and troubleshooting skills with
a positive attitude.
- Outstanding Oracle SQL tuning skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multitask in a dynamic fast
paced environment with multiple priorities
- Customer centric with strong interpersonal and communications
skills, both written and verbal
- In-depth knowledge of database engine and database
- Strong operational knowledge of Oracle and all aspect of tuning
- Knowledge of Golden Gate a plus.
- Experience in implementing Oracle Directory services.
- Strong knowledge of Shell Scripting, AIX, Linux and Microsoft
- Detailed knowledge of query optimizer and how it relates to
- Must be detail oriented and have ability to work in a
multi-tasking environment with excellent problem determination,
root cause analysis skills.
- Experience in upgrading databases, applying security patches
and service packs
- Ability to grasp advanced technical principles, theories, and
concepts and creatively solve database issues
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must have experience in migrating Oracle from Aix to
- Proficient using Google mail, calendaring and shared drives
Use this link to chat with Wendy, our AI recruiter, to learn more
about this position!
Associated topics: data analytic, data architect, data integrity,
data manager, data management, data quality, database
administrator, erp, sql, sybase
Keywords: Randstad, Atlanta , Database Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!