ABA/Safety Care Trainer-Roswell, GA
Company: Hopebridge, LLC
Posted on: March 18, 2019
One of the primary responsibilities of the ABA/Safety Care Trainer provides the skills and competencies necessary to effectively prevent, minimize, and manage behavioral challenges with dignity, safety, and the possibility of change. This position is responsible for scheduling and coordinating training of new employees as well as annual recertification of our employees, including securing location, scheduling trainer, processing registrations, and following up on all compliance and paperwork details in the Trainers designated Region. The other primary responsibility of the ABA/Safety Care Trainer is to provide effective training to new ABA therapists and RBTs in the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) at the Trainers designated Home Clinic. The Trainer will ensure new hires are effectively trained in a timely manner, leading to RBT credentialing and also ensure ongoing training and support for all RBTs through observation, identification, and retraining of skills deficits.
- Responsible for training new and existing employees in a defined geographic area using the Safety-CareTm Behavioral Safety Training program.
- Illustrates Hopebridges belief in the provision of high quality services through both the articulation and the demonstration of operational aspects of training.
- Develops positive working relationships with all employees and departments, maintaining collaborative professional relationships at Hopebridge.
- Provides specific feedback to trainees throughout the training process on their performance, documenting status, and providing direction on next steps. Ensures that employees demonstrate mastery, generalization and maintenance of Safety Care strategies and procedures.
- Tracks the training performance of staff members and reports to Clinic Manager providing regular updates, metrics, results and escalated items to Managers. Follows up with hiring managers on trainee status within the first 30, 60 and 90 days of hire. Provides on-site additional training needed for staff support.
- Maintains as primary point of contact for Safety Care questions from staff in assigned geographic region.
- Provides coaching, modeling, and demonstration of specific strategies and/or activities to identified clinical staff members.
- Provides on-site check-ins and refreshers to employees throughout the year to ensure proper maintenance of skills.
- Collaborates with BCBAs and Department heads if patient case warrants escalation to Grand Rounds.
- Assists in the creation of training tools and materials under the supervision of direct manager and department heads. As needed, may assist in onboarding training for new ABA therapists.
- Attains and achieves position competencies in relation to role responsibilities.
- Maintains certification through Quality Behavioral Solutions, Inc.
- Submits any and all required documentation to Quality Behavioral Solutions, Inc. in a timely manner.
- Recommends QBS Safety Care modules that would be most beneficial to Hopebridge.
- Models exemplary employee performance through own performance, professionalism, and appropriate communication outlined within Hopebridge policies and procedures.
- Ensures ABA therapists complete new hire training, including RBT training requirements, in a timely manner.
- Documents observations of performance in the clinic during training and provides input to ABA Clinical Leadership Team and Human Resources for developing and updating New Hire and career development training content, materials, job aids, and procedures.
- Provides ongoing training to RBTs to continually improve the skill set of all RBTs within the clinic.
- Provides coaching, modeling, and demonstration of specific strategies and/or activities as observed and/or tasked by the Clinical Leadership team to identified ABA Therapists and RBTs.
- Models skills through ongoing trainings, regularly articulating the connection between the demonstration and specific BACB content.
- Provides recommendations for staff development needs to BCBA and Clinic Manager to review and discuss with employees based on observations, competency tools, and Hopebridges guidelines.
- First point of contact for physical management assistance needed to support RBTs and patients.
- Ensures accuracy and timely filing of incident reports.
- Stays current in research and training regarding implementation of ABA principles.
- Attends staff meetings, trainings, and other meetings as requested.
- Responsible to complete additional job duties as assigned by Manager.
- Travel at least 50% of time for Safety Care Training in assigned Region
- Business Acumen.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- Relationship Management
- Motivating Others
- Time Management
- High School Diploma Required. Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred. A concentration in behavior analysis, psychology, education, early childhood, or related field is preferred.Prior training, presenting and facilitation experience which includes presenting to large groups preferred.
- At least 1 year of ABA implementation experience required, with two or more years of related professional experience working with children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and/or other related developmental disabilities preferred.
- Must maintain RBT credential
Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times due to a busy office. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. DisclaimerThe above statements reflect general functions of this job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent in this job. The immediate supervisor may elaborate on or add to the above list if the duties come within the employees realm of responsibility.Hopebridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.PI108378075
Keywords: Hopebridge, LLC, Atlanta , ABA/Safety Care Trainer-Roswell, GA, Human Resources , Roswell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!