Senior Payroll Specialist
Company: First Communities
Posted on: January 27, 2023
As a Senior Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for
executing payroll and accounting duties to support the payroll
function including processing and auditing payroll, resolving
payroll issues and the input of miscellaneous accounts payable data
for multiple companies. Prior accounts payable experience is a
plus! Essential Responsibilities:
- Serve as a Payroll subject matter expert who continuously
challenges current processes as the business evolves; suggesting
and implementing improvements in policies, procedures and
- Process bi-weekly payroll including new hires, employee changes
and terminations ensuring compliance, accuracy, and
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Effectively manage workflow volume & data from multiple sources
to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and in
a timely manner.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders in order to
obtain payroll data, including pay adjustments, special payments,
allocations, and employee deductions or adjustments.
- Process and reconcile garnishments which include child support,
tax levies, student loans, etc.
- Perform other duties as required.Qualifications and Additional
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or relevant work
- 5+ years' experience processing payroll for 1000+
- Demonstrated successful work experience as a Payroll Specialist
or Payroll Supervisor.
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
with a strong attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state regulations as
they pertain to payroll.
- Multi-state & multi-location knowledge a must.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills (Pivot tables and
- Ability to manage workflow and required deadlines with minimal
- Ability to handle sensitive information with strict
- FPC/CPP preferred.
Keywords: First Communities, Atlanta , Senior Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!