Human Resources Manager - Southeast Market
Company: Group 1 Automotive, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:Houston-based Group 1 Automotive, Inc., an
international, Fortune 300 automotive retailer and a leading
operator in the automotive retailing industry, is seeking an
experienced market Human Resources Manager. This is a key Human
Resources position to help support our eleven retail automotive
operations located in Georgia, South Carolina, and Miami, Florida.
Working closely with the operations team to include the market
director and the dealership general managers, this position will
directly support our Group 1 employees in the Southeast market. The
position is based in Atlanta, GA and currently supervises two HR
We offer the following benefits with this position:
- Salary, plus annual bonus opportunity
- Auto allowance
- Monthly technology allowance
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time-off
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Employee vehicle purchase programEssential Duties and
- Serve as an HR advisor for leaders in the areas of performance
management, compensation, retention, employee development, positive
employee relations practices, policy interpretation and
implementation, and conflict resolution.
- Partner with Regional HR Director to drive talent processes in
local market, such as: Talent Reviews, Succession Planning, and
- Monitor and drive change to improve work culture, increase
engagement, productivity and retention.
- Collaborate with Corporate HR staff and use data analytics on
matters related to benefits, employee communications, internal and
external compliance, and DEI initiatives.
- Partner with leaders to facilitate the smooth onboarding and
off boarding of employees, including the review of exit interview
data and providing recommendations on organizational
- Responsible for interpreting, communicating and enforcing
company policies and procedures
- Evaluate and maintain processes for orientation, employee
onboarding, training, and personnel development within the
- In coordination with business leaders, facilitate the review
and administration of wage and salary programs/pay plans.
- Manage leaves of absence and workers compensation by following
company policy and applicable Federal and State laws and
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment
legislation and ensure the company's compliance.
- Keep up to date with changing state employment laws in their
respective market and advise stakeholders.
- Analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs, and
policies and improve the effectiveness of HR processes.
- Evaluate HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance with
local, state and federal law;
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and guidance and
independently set own work priorities, working directly with market
leadership as needed.
- The HR Manager will report directly to the Regional Human
Resources Director, and will lead a team of two (2) - three (3) HR
Admins including day-to-day supervision, periodic evaluations, and
- Maintain confidentiality of company and employee information at
- Employee may be required to perform other duties as
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business
Administration or a related field required.
- SHRM or HRCI Certification preferred
- 5+ years in Human Resources is preferred.
- Possess a high degree of emotional intelligence and the ability
to create meaningful relationships and successfully navigate
diverse stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated experience in responding to complex inquiries or
complaints from customers, employees, regulatory agencies, or
members of the business community.
- Ability to write effectively and work proficiently within MS
Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- 25 - 50% travel throughout the market for periodic visits to
- Maintains a professional demeanor and appearance.Group 1 owns
and operates 202 automotive dealerships in the United States and
United Kingdom. Through its dealerships, the company sells new and
used cars and light trucks; arranges related vehicle financing;
sells service contracts; provides automotive maintenance and repair
services; and sells vehicle parts.
Keywords: Group 1 Automotive, Inc., Atlanta , Human Resources Manager - Southeast Market, Human Resources , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!