Director, Human Resources/Business Partner
Company: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Director, Human Resources/Business Partner Work Schedule/Days:
Day--/--Monday - Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Support I--
Requisition #: 65461 JOB SUMMARY The Director, Human
Resources/Business Partner provides strategic human resources
support to leadership teams on organizational, leadership and
talent strategies.--Reporting to the Senior Director Human
Resources, the Director works closely with Children's Physician
Group and other assigned areas in support of Children's physician
and people strategy to prepare a productive workforce focused on
kids, and be the one place physicians and employees would choose to
work over any other.--
-- JOB RESPONSIBILITIES*
- People Plan - translate operational priorities into people
initiatives and lead the discussion with physician and operation
leadership teams on the alignment and application of those
initiatives. In partnership with other HR functions, identify gaps
in leadership and team performance, provide insights and
recommendations on findings. Facilitate leadership development
initiatives such as building leader capability through feedback and
coaching skills and development planning and activation.
- Engagement - lead physician and employee Pulse process for
assigned areas. In partnership with physician and operation leaders
drive high participation, rapid communication and discussion of
results, action plan development and activation, and sustained
improvement. Stay abreast of and provide best practices solutions
for action items.
- Organizational Diagnostics and Design - partner and consult
with other HR functions on organizational diagnostics and lead the
implementation of data-supported solutions. Analyze data, identify
trends/themes, and provide recommendations on organizational
strategies, structures, and processes. Collaborate on change
management strategies and implementation.
- Employee Relations - Oversees employee relations for Children's
Physician Group and other assigned areas. Counsel physician and
operation leaders through complex or high-level employee relations
issues. Provide continuous education and coaching, and otherwise
ensures leadership compliance with Human Resources policies and
procedures and applicable state and federal regulations. Partner
with Emory Department of Pediatrics on Pediatric Institute
processes, policies, and practices. EXPERIENCE*
- Ten (10) or more years of progressive experience in human
resources with increasing responsibilities including involvement
with senior leadership with at least five years in a leadership
- Experience implementing and optimizing people strategy
(process, tools, and technologies) in complex, matrixed, high
- Experience working with partnership organizations on
implementing and optimizing strategic agreements. EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related
curriculum. KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Proven ability to diagnose and analyze data, identify options,
implement solutions, measure impact and success.
- Critical thinker with ability to solve complex and systemic
- Expert level consulting skills. Ability to facilitate
leadership groups and offer options for optimizing clinical care
with human capital programs that allow our people to do their best
work. Strong track record of coaching leaders as they navigate
challenging human capital situations.
- Expert level organizational analysis, design, and
implementation skills. A track record of driving change in the
organization by helping teams understand the change and how it
impacts and benefits them on a personal level.
- Demonstrated ability to influence complex set of leaders using
data, persuasion, and executive presence.
- A track record of respectfully challenging the status quo and
offering alternative points of view that address short-term issues
and long-term strategies.
- A track record of linking human resources as a driver and
influencer of operational performance.
- Working knowledge of applicable labor laws and
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with
high expectations to produce results.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications; strong business
acumen; interpersonal skills and strong collaborative nature; team
player; consensus builder; and persuasive presenter.
- History of building and fostering trusting, sustainable
relationships. Able to collaborate and partner with other areas of
human resources along with clinical and administrative
- Active listener. Seek to understand the point of view and needs
of stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to balance emotional intelligence and business insights
when communicating with stakeholders. Possess the depth of
experience to know when to persuade vs. negotiate.
- High level of service orientation-responsive to the needs of
- Strong track record of developing and engaging a
team.--Demonstrated ability to build trust, mentor, conduct regular
check-ins, use situational leadership, etc. Approachable and
enthusiastic leader who is accessible and visible to the team on a
- Demonstrates poise and self-control, establishes credibility,
deals diplomatically with conflict, and instills a sense of trust
and confidence in others.
- Demonstrates a high level of drive balanced with an equal
amount of self-discipline. A predisposition for action while
simultaneously demonstrating Children's values.
- Commits to excellence and high quality
- A role model of personal and professional integrity.
- Demonstrates strong executive presence. PREFERRED
- Experience in healthcare setting.
- Professional human capital certification - SHRM PHR/SPHR, Human
Capital Institute Strategic HR Business Partner, etc.
- Master's degree in business administration (MBA) or public
health (MPH) CERTIFICATION SUMMARY
- No professional certifications required SYSTEM
RESPONSIBILITIES* Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in
accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries
or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the
occurrence notification system. Compliance: Monitors and ensures
compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational
standards, and policies and procedures related to area of
responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of
responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains
records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities
to the Compliance Office. The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work performed by people
assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so
classified. About Us: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100
percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit
organization, Children's is dedicated to making kids better today
and healthier tomorrow. With 3 hospitals, 20--neighborhood
locations and a total of 673--beds, Children's is the largest
healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest
pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children's offers
access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is
ranked among the top children's hospitals in the country by U.S.
News & World Report. Children's has been recognized as a Fortune
100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a
top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a
comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our
mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of
programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us
as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of
making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.-- Have questions
about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect . Address:
1575 Northeast Expressway, Bldg 1, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Leadership/Management - Director/Senior Director
Keywords: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta , Director, Human Resources/Business Partner, Human Resources , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!