HR/ Compliance Specialist
Company: White Cap
Posted on: October 20, 2020
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now known as White Cap Supply Holdings, Inc., we are
made up of three distinct businesses called White Cap, Contractors'
Warehouse and Brafasco:
- WHITE CAP is the nation's leading distributor of specialty
hardware, tools, safety supplies, concrete accessories and
materials for professional contractors.
- BRAFASCO is an industrial distributor in Canada specializing in
fasteners, safety supplies and tools.
- CONTRACTORS WAREHOUSE (formerly known as Home Improvement
Solutions) offers remodeling and construction supplies to
contractors and trade professionals through local retail outlets.
With customer-facing locations across the U.S. and Canada, White
Cap Supply Holdings is a leading distributor of specialty concrete
and construction products and services in North America serving
professional contractors across non-residential, residential and
other markets. White Cap Supply Holdings is headquartered in
Norcross, GA, and has approximately 269 locations across 39 U.S.
States and six Canadian provinces. Approximately 5,600 associates
provide support for more than 200,000 customers annually. White Cap
Supply Holdings provides specialty concrete and construction
products serving professional concrete contractors and
self-performing general contractors, as well as all professional
contractors who require power tools and accessories, safety
equipment, and fastening products in non-residential, residential
and other markets. In addition to value-add services, White Cap
Supply Holdings offers a portfolio of 400,000 SKUs that include
concrete accessories and chemicals, engineered materials and
fastening systems, steel products, tools and equipment, building
envelope, safety and consumables, and wood products. White Cap
Supply Holdings is commonly referred to simply as White Cap. Job
Description & Qualifications Job Summary Responsible for handling
general associate issues such as payroll discrepancies, vacation
accrual discrepancies and benefit utilization. Major Tasks,
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Acts as a liaison between departments/divisions, all levels of
line and staff management, compensation and benefits department,
legal counsel, and outside service providers.
- Participates in research projects including affirmative action,
EEO and others as assigned.
- Works with Compensation team to benchmark new and existing
- Monitors drug testing and EAP Programs.
- Monitors various reports such as I-9, missing paychecks, etc.
Requests and/or reviews reports as needed.
- Maintains employment action log, open position report.
- Prepares severance agreements.
- Prepares monthly turnover reports for assigned area. Nature and
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving
missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in
more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives
guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review
typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or
direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level
support or professional personnel. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5
years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4
years of experience in a related field. Certification is required
in some areas. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 2-5 years in HR, HR Compliance or labor and employment law
compliance field. Bachelor's degree in human resources, employment
law, or industrial/labor relations.
- Experience working with state and federal legal and regulatory
agencies, including legislative review, analysis and
- Experience in WOTC compliance, EEO1, VETS100 and AAP reporting,
immigration administration and background adjudication.
- Understanding of employee relations procedures.
- Understanding of EAP and drug testing policies.
- Primary focus will be HR Compliance PRID PRID163 Job Locations
US-GA-Atlanta Posted Date 1 day ago (10/15/2020 1:06 AM) Job ID
2020-39720 Business Unit Construction Industrial WC Functional Area
Human Resources Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time White
Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Atlanta , HR/ Compliance Specialist, Human Resources , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!