Outlet 2 Bartender I
Company: Sheraton Atlanta Downtown
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Location: US-GA-Atlanta# of Openings: 3Category: Food and
BeveragePosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status:
Sheraton Hotels has been at the heart of communities for over 80
years. At the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, discover the benefits of
joining our downtown community! In addition to our Company's
medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, Sheraton Atlanta
Hotel associates also enjoy free continental breakfast, lunch, and
dinner during your shift in our Associate Chatterbox Cafe, free
on-site parking, discounted MARTA transportation passes, and
provided uniforms. In addition, you and your family have access to
Marriott's discounted hotel room program at thousands of Marriott
locations around the world. Sheraton is everywhere you want to be -
Discover the history of the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel.
Serve guests in hospitable manner to ensure positive guest
- Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily
basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine,
spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and
produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet
- Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all
fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables
daily to insure product quality.
- Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and
documents orders for drinks. Mixes, garnishes and presents drinks
using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements
pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Inputs orders into a register at the point of sale and creates
a check for each guest, including those served by other beverage
servers, to maintain accountability of all beverages served.
- Receives cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies
validity of charges, records charges, and insures vouchers are
properly executed, in order to balance all moneys.
- Locks and stores all beverage, food and other equipment items,
deposits cash drops and secures bank.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Must communicate well with guests.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and
service of various alcoholic beverages.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register,
make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash
drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to
make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks,
and reach overhead to retrieve stock with or without reasonable
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu
items with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to
pre-check an order and close out a check with or without reasonable
- Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long periods
of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Sheraton Atlanta Downtown, Atlanta , Outlet 2 Bartender I, Hospitality & Tourism , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!