Barista (FULL TIME) - Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown - Atlanta, GA
Company: Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown
Posted on: August 24, 2019
The Crowne Plaza Midtown Coffee House(Proudly Brew Starbucks) is
seeking baristas for food and beverage service. Key Requirements:
- Positive, friendly attitude
- Experience making coffee and espresso drinks
- Flexible schedule
- Works well in during busy rush hours Responsibilities:
- Making and serving hot and cold beverages including coffee and
- Welcoming customers and helping them to determine their coffee
- Educating customers about the menu options
- Opening and closing the station
- Maintaining inventory
- Keeping equipment clean and in running order
- Basic food preparation and service Responsibilities and
essential job functions include but are not limited to the
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the
culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or
unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a
positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating
environment and customers for cues. Communicates information to
manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the
Third Place environment during each shift.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing
successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging
coaching as needed.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms
or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them
to the store manager.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting
with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the
customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures,
including those for cash handling and safety and security, to
ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can
locate resources and product as needed.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products
consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and
presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation
guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments
by using existing organizational methods.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance Starbucks Barista Job
Duties With the barista position at Starbucks, you will be expected
to rapidly adapt to the changing needs throughout the store. You
can easily start off making beverages at the Frappuccino station
before swapping spots with a fellow associate at the espresso bar.
As a Starbucks barista, your primary responsibilities will include:
Preparing coffee and tea beverages for customers Recommend
potential product recommendations to undecided clientele Clean and
maintain the store during downtime as needed Ensure that food
safety procedures are being adhered to at all times Operate the
cash till and accurately record customer order information Resolve
customer complaints quickly and efficiently as they arise Starbucks
Barista Working Hours Baristas at Starbucks work a wide range of
different hours based on the staffing needs of the individual
store. Common time periods that you may be expected to come in
include late nights as well as early mornings. Baristas can be
either full-time or part-time with hours ranging anywhere from 20
to 40 hours each week. In rare cases, overtime may occasionally be
required during busy periods. Starbucks Barista Working Environment
Working as a barista at Starbucks will require extended periods of
standing and walking around quickly. In addition, you must be
comfortable working in a fairly confined area with multiple other
employees around you. Depending on the station you are assigned,
you will be exposed to hot temperatures while operating various
cooking equipment as well. While stocking and moving equipment, you
will also be crouching throughout the day as well. The individual
must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be
able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the
essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
accommodation, using some other combination of skills and
- Must have basic knowledge of food service.
- Have a passion for customer service and be
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register,
make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash
drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
- Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use equipment,
pick up glassware, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve
- Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in
order to communicate with guests and take orders.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to
pre-check, order and close out a check.
- Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long periods
Keywords: Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown, Atlanta , Barista (FULL TIME) - Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown - Atlanta, GA, Hospitality & Tourism , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!