District Sales Manager
Company: Hyundai Motor America
Posted on: January 15, 2019
At Hyundai, we've rethought our business and created cars that combine performance, quality, design and innovation into a complete package.
It's time you rethink what you expect from an employer.
At Hyundai, we understand you're not just building a career - you're building a life. We believe in our people and realize that our success is a direct result of our commitment in offering you great opportunities for your career. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for a chance to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
The District Sales Manager will be responsible for assisting dealers in all facets of dealership operations including sales support, product distribution, merchandising, advertising, customer assistance and sales training.
- Attain regularly assigned wholesale and retail vehicle sales objectives.
- Attain market penetration/registration performance objectives.
- Ensure dealer/district market representation standards of facility, signage, management and capital.
- Attain Customer Satisfaction Performance Objectives.
- Meeting assigned objectives for the allocation of aged inventory.
- Meeting assigned objectives for selling PIOs (Port Installed Objective-Accessories Sales).
- Attain Hyundai Protection Plan (HPP) and Certified Pre-owned (CPO) extended service contract penetration objectives.
- Conduct in-dealership sales training.
- Provide merchandising and sales promotion support to dealers.
- Coordinate auto show display needs within district.
- Develop fleet sales through fleet account contacts with dealers.
- Review, analyze and provide consultation on dealership business management financial performance including profitability, floor plan requirements and working capital. DSM should be able to utilize QMF/SQL to run data utilizing this information during dealer contacts.
- Assist Dealers with CRM and Interactive Marketing initiatives
- Complete regular administrative responsibilities including; contact reports, weekly market re-caps, sales forecasts, etc.
- Complete all assigned dealer surveys or requests for data as required by either Regional or National Sales management.
- The DSM position requires flexibility as other responsibilities can be assigned on a daily basis.
- Extensive overnight travel required
- Requires a very high level of independent judgment since many of the decisions being made on a daily basis directly affect the HMA and dealer relationship.
- The decisions on allocating vehicles, co-op advertising funds, marketing support funds, etc. can place the company in harms way if not treated fairly and equally between all dealers within the district.
- Must also understand HMA's business so as to help dealers understand why they're not successful and recommend solutions.
- A knowledge base of corrective recommendations that can be shared between dealers without jeopardizing dealership relationships or place HMA in legal danger.
- Internally, each DSM is expected to use proper judgment in dealing with HMA employees, managing expenses, completing contact reports on a timely basis and in accordance with HMA policies.
- Must be a high school graduate
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Master's degree a plus
- Five to seven years of experience of which at least three years of directly related wholesale experience in automotive.
- Retail experience a plus
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- QMF query ability
- Strong computer skills - Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook
- Normal office duties
- Must be able to travel
Our Company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this form is sought in good faith and will not be used to discriminate against the applicant based on race, religion or creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, marital status, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, or related circumstances), gender identity, gender expression, age, citizenship, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status, military and veteran status, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Hyundai Motor America, Atlanta , District Sales Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Marietta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!