CDL CLASS A DELIVERY TRUCK DRIVER - $5,000 SIGN-ON - $60,000 - $68,000 AVERAGE PAY (Norcross,GA)
Company: McLane Company
Posted on: July 13, 2018
Job Summary / General Description:
Average Pay: $60,000-$68,000 per year
Sign-On Bonus: $5000 with foodservice experience / $2500 without foodservice experience
Day 1 benefits
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 124 years of success. We're looking for teammates with perseverance, that don't mind taking the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we'll pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
McLane Austell serves customers in the southeast region and our routes are mostly home daily, with some overnight routes. You'll start on the extra board while you're learning our business and customers, and most of our routes are local. We've got great pay too; our drivers make, on average between $60,000-$68,000 per year and benefits like medical, dental, vision, life, and disability start on your FIRST DAY with the company. You'll be eligible for our terrific 401(k) with an annual company match and paid holidays and sick time after your first 90 days. A $5000 sign-on bonus with foodservice experience or a $2500 sign-on without foodservice experience is a nice way to start a new job too.
McLane drivers do much more than drive. Although that's an important part of the job, being the face of our company to our customers is your primary role. You're the person they see week after week. You represent 124 years of excellence. You'll develop strong relationships with our customers that create value and trust. The variety of tasks you'll perform on each route will ensure you're never bored. You'll deliver and unload products safely and on-time to multiple stops each route.
- All McLane drivers must be at least 21 years old
- You must have a valid CDL Class A license and at least 1 year or 50,000 miles
- You'll start on the extra board so schedule flexibility is critical
Essential job functions / Principal Accountabilities:
- Stacking and sorting delivered goods
- Pickups as needed
- Pre- and post-shift equipment/vehicle checks
- Checking load inventories against invoices for accuracy
- Unloading via ramp and hand cart
- Securing empty pallets in the truck
- Maintaining the cleanliness of your truck
- Returning equipment following use
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company. Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates go through a physical assessment and drug test before hire.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Valid CDL Class A License
- Minimum of 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor trailer driving experience
- Must meet McLane's MVR and Risk Rating qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills
- Requires high degree of attention, skill, and dexterity in the control of tractor-trailer and in preventing damage to materials and trailer equipment
- Ability to lift and move product and pallets weighing up to 75 lbs.
- All prospective teammates must undergo physical strength assessment, drug test, as well as a background check.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Associated topics: cdl a truck, class a truck, company driver team, company driving team, company otr, company over the road, dedicated regional, dedicated truck driver, dry van otr trucking, tanker truck driving
Keywords: McLane Company, Atlanta, CDL CLASS A DELIVERY TRUCK DRIVER - $5,000 SIGN-ON - $60,000 - $68,000 AVERAGE PAY (Norcross,GA), Hospitality & Tourism, Norcross, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!