Physical Therapy Team Leader (Supervisor Role) - Physical Therapy Licenserequired
Company: Encompass Health
Location: Union City
Posted on: November 18, 2023
MUST BE A LICENSED PHYSICAL THERAPIST
*** $10,000 Sign on bonus***
ENCOMPASS HEALTH REHABILITATION HOSPITAL OF HENRY
FULLTIME W/HEALTH BENEFITS, PAID TIME OFF & HOLIDAY ON DAY 1
Relocation Assistance available for qualified candidates!
The Therapy Team leader assists the Director of Therapy Operations
in day to day operations of a therapy team or discipline. The
position requires effective supervisory skills along with good
communication skills for interdepartmental relationships; and
competency in licensed discipline evaluation, assessment, care
planning and treatment. The Therapy Team Leader must delegate and
supervise tasks of therapist assistants and technicians; assist
with staffing, scheduling, orientation, training and communications
to provide adequate coverage for patient treatments; and maintain
open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure
patient, staff, and hospital needs are met. This position typically
provides patient care in licensed discipline 80% - 90% of work
The Therapy Team Leader helps create an environment and culture
that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or
exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff,
holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to
improve performance, and being responsible for the operation of the
department, to include measurement, assessment, and continuous
improvement. The Team Leader helps staff improve their clinical
skills, and overall performance, through staff development and
Job Code: 100019
License or Certification:
- Current State license as a Physical Therapist, Occupational
Therapist, or Speech Language Pathologist.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree or higher from an
accredited therapy program, required. Additional training with a
Master's or Doctorate's degree in either professional or management
area is preferred.
- A minimum of three year's discipline-specific or leadership
experience required, with no less than 2 years being clinical.
- Active on Therapy Clinical Ladder (when eligible) or specialty
professional certification, preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone,
copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing
a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and
the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable
assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling
are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English,
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness,
time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations,
i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster
situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and
maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is
respectful and accepting of diversity.
Keywords: Encompass Health, Atlanta , Physical Therapy Team Leader (Supervisor Role) - Physical Therapy Licenserequired, Hospitality & Tourism , Union City, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!