Subway - Manager
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Manager takes ownership in their role and the business. They
are considered the "go-to person" for matters in the store they
work in. They see the big picture and have a strong understanding
of all areas of the restaurant.They provide leadership to
accomplish the over-arching goals of the Owner and Operator. They
resolve personnel and process issues. They work all shifts as
needed and have open availability. They are reliable, punctual and
understand the importance of team work. Managers are subject matter
experts on positions, processes and policy. In addition to a
managerial work role, managers have additional areas of
responsibility as assigned. They consistently demonstrate our core
values, embrace the SUBWAY culture. They have a passion for people
and serving others. They have strong character, take initiative,
and work with a sense of urgency at all times.
* Managers performs all tasks and responsibilities of a Sandwich
Artist -, Shift Manager, and Assistant Manager as outlined in the
Sandwich Artist - job description, in the Shift Manager job
description, in the Assistant Manager job description
* Maintains overall management responsibilities for the Subway
* Managers coaches and trains Sandwich Artists, Shift Managers,
Assistant Managers, and Managers on operational excellence.
* Manages a staff of approximately 5 to 12. Assigns, oversees and
evaluates work. Recommends promotion, transfer, or termination of
team members. May conduct written and verbal staff evaluations.
* Interviews, Hires, Trains, Schedules, Rewards, Evaluates and,
when necessary, discharges restaurant personnel. Must be able to
hold your team accountable and develop the trust and respect of
* Develops and maintains staffing levels
* Managers completes and posts staff work schedules.
* Control Food Costs by preventing theft and ensuring accurate
inventory control and portioning our product
* Control Labor Costs by maintaining productivity and proper
scheduling of staff
* Complete daily and weekly paperwork, inventory and product
* Proficiency in handling cash and making deposits.
* Always maintain an immaculately clean and food safe
* Always maintain an exemplary attitude.
* Have a hands on management approach and ability to multitask
* Resolve issues, solve problems, and handle unexpected situations
that often arise in the restaurant business
* Delegate effectively and understand the importance of training
everyone to do everything.
* Communicates changes of food preparation formulas, standards,
etc. to staff.
* Ensures that all local and national health and food safety codes
are maintained and company safety and security policy are
* Maintains business records as outlined in the Subway - Operations
Manual: --- Daily Procedures. Analyzes business records to increase
* Supports local and national marketing initiatives.
* Identifies and contacts prospective customers to promote
* Plans special events and promotions.
* Completes University of Subway - courses as directed.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent and/or college
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years in a restaurant environment,
experience in supervising and training staff
* Must provide proof upon hire of legal status to work in the
* Must be at least 18 years old
* This is a customer contact positon! must be able to communicate,
read and write the English language
* Shift times vary as per restaurant schedule
* Must have the ability to work flexible hours based on the demand
of the business
* Arrive on time for scheduled shift
* Must have reliable transportation to and from work
* Must have a valid Driver's Licence and a have a vehicle
* Must be willing to commute to Forest Park, Georgia 30297 or
Morrow, Georgia 30260
* Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment
* Preform tasks at a pace that can keep up with the demands of the
* Customer service skills and the ability to interact with
customers and co-workers on a consistent basis
* Maintain personal hygiene standards and follows the SUBWAY
* Maintain adherence to quality control standards
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Bending, reaching, carrying and stooping
* Ability to stand and walk for entire work shift
* Use of cleaning chemicals such as Dish Soap, Food Grade
Sanitizer, Degreaser, Window Cleaner, Restroom Cleaner.
* Customer Service
* Consistently high-energy! Presents a friendly attitude to team
members and customers.
* Serve as a role model to all team members in and outside of
* Focus on the customer's needs and providing "True Personalized
* Strive to create a customer-centric atmosphere; every customer
deserves a great experience.
* Human Resources
* Build, train, lead, and mentor a successful service oriented team
able to deliver results along with the best possible customer
* Develop and inspire team members to be passionate about their job
and diligently work toward their future.
* Share the opportunity of career growth with your team
* Ability to clearly set expectations with team members and track
* Have a friendly and trustworthy attitude to motivate team members
and communicate company objectives.
* Focus on execution and creating a systems culture in your
* Create a very organized and process oriented atmosphere.
* Discipline to optimize results by efficient expense spending and
* Business Analysis
* Monitor financials and sales to understand current business.
* Ability to forecast and analyze business trends and function
within payroll, loss prevention, and controllable expenses in order
to maximize district performance and profitability.
The position's physical demands require work in a
restaurant/kitchen environment with moderate to loud noise levels,
varying temperature conditions. While performing the duties of the
job, the Sandwich Artist is regularly required to react quickly to
deadlines, sometimes with little notice. The Sandwich Artist is
often required to stand for long periods; standing, walking,
stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting, all generally
involving moderate muscular strain in addition to seeing, hearing,
and talking. Safely using all store food preparation equipment for
long periods with the required application of eye, hand and finger
dexterity. Must be able to lift and carry up to at least fifty (50)
pounds unassisted. Periodic local travel required in normal course
of job performance. May be required to use a stepladder. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include: close vision,
distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability
to adjust focus.
* Competitive Wages
* Weekly Pay
* Free Shift Meals
* No fryers, hot griddles, or playgrounds to clean
18+ years old
Manager Pay Range
Training Starts at $11.00 per hour, once training is completed the
hourly pay goes to $12.00 per hour and as tasks of completeing
weekly inventory, writing schedules, and ordering food are
independent the hourly pay rate will reach $14.00-$16.00 per
Most Store Managers are home nights and weekends.
* Flexible work schedule, Manager created
* Day Shift
* Minimum of 40 Hours Per Week
* Night Shift (when needed)
* Monday to Friday
* Weekends (when needed)
\*\*NOTE\*\* Openers will be scheduled up to 1 hour before opening
time to prepare for the day. Closers will be scheduled up to 1 hour
after closing time to clean the restaurant.
SUBWAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not
discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex,
national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status,
disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law
Location: 2058 Mount Zion Road, Morrow, GA 30260
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 - $16.00 per hour%58047475%
Keywords: Subway, Atlanta , Subway - Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Morrow, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!