Food & Nutrition Services, Lead
Company: Emory Healthcare
Posted on: August 7, 2022
* Performs all food service staff level functions, as needed, in
the support of various sections in the department.
* As directed and in partnership with department leadership,
oversees the daily shift operation of the various sections such as,
patient dining services, retail/catering operations including cash
handling, food production, inventory/receiving, storing and
issuing, sanitation and safety.
* Gives daily work assignments to staff based on staffing schedule
and daily needs, trains as needed.
* Gives input into disciplining and evaluating staff.
* Monitors staff compliance to department policies and procedures.
Gives input into scheduling needs.
* Assists department leader in various supervisory functions;
coordinates staff work activities, monitors and inspects work,
monitors attendance and assists in addressing disciplinary problems
* Performs supervisory duties in the absence of the department
leader. May assist with projects to ensure accurate and timely
* Some positions in this classification may be focused primarily on
providing on the job (OJT) training for new or existing dining
service associates, food and nutrition associates or related
positions while also performing the primary duties of a dining
service associate, food and nutrition associate or related
* The incumbent provides input to the manager into the development
of competencies and learning experiences to support OTJ training,
ensures that the required learning experiences are provided in a
scheduled and organized manner, evaluates the performance of each
trainee against the competencies and reports trainee progress
toward compliance to the supervisor or manager.
* He/she signs off that compliance has been attained.
* OTJ training is provided in the actual work space to which the
trainee is assigned with the trainer working directly with the
trainee by modeling each process, shadowing and providing feedback
as the trainee performs the task.
* The trainer may also periodically assist with training in a
computer classroom setting to demonstrate the use of software.
* Training on the rationale for diet modifications and the food
items permitted on each diet modification may be provided in
conjunction with a registered dietitian.
* Works with manager to formulate plan for professional
* Attends educational in-services as appropriate.
* Ensures staff adhere to Department of Health standards.
* Follows-up on customer complaints and attempts to resolve
* Performs open and close activities.
* Assists manager in training staff on proper food service prep
procedures, developing staff for advancement; including new
* Conducts daily team huddles and assists leadership with planning
staff meetings/ in-services.
* Performs all food service staff level functions, as scheduling
and operational needs require, in the support of various sections
in the department.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* High school diploma or equivalent. Must have 2 years call center
experience or 2 years food service with one year of healthcare food
services experience preferred.
* Demonstrated skills in customer service, must be able to read,
write, and communicate effectively.
* Demonstrates critical thinking by making sound judgments while
quickly processing information, problem solving and prioritizing
* Must have basic computing skills and basic math skills. Must
maintain Serv Safe certified or attain certification within 6
months of hire, if not certified at time of hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium): 20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day
(occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently);
01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max;
Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing &
walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing,
reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned
work area and work tasks. ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting
environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area
and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to:
Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous waste
Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical
shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor
conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries,
Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be required. Use of personal
protective equipment, including respirators, environmental
conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work
Keywords: Emory Healthcare, Atlanta , Food & Nutrition Services, Lead, Hospitality & Tourism , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!