You must be familiar with all of the daily operations of the
kitchen, South East Asian cuisine experience preferred and must be
able to perform any task in the kitchen if needed. The sous chef
will act as intermediary between the kitchen management and line
staff, strong leadership and communication abilities are
Reports to: Executive Chef
Planning and directing food preparation:
* Responsible for managing kitchen staff to ensure food is
* Must monitor and ensure compliance with recipe
* Executes and supervises food production activities, e.g.
proper cleaning, cutting, marinating, seasoning, cooking of food
* Coordinates and controls kitchen helpers in food storage (e.g.
maintaining tidiness, following the first in first out
* Oversee day-to-day operations in the kitchen which includes
the planning and directing of all food preparation.
* Monitors material consumption and orders required food and
equipment on a daily basis to satisfy the daily production
* Ensure that the kitchen stations are properly organized,
staffed and directed.
* Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety
* Managing kitchen staff
* Must ensure that all kitchen staff in his area are performing
at the level required by kitchen management.
* All kitchen staff are improper uniform, and show up to work in
with proper uniform hygiene standards and a professional crisp
* Demonstrates hands on approach to all kitchen stations by
tasting products produced in the station to insure quality,
presentation and consistency standards meet company standards.
* Assist with the development of standardized recipes for all
menu items. Ensures that recipes are accurate and updated as
* With a hands on approach assign tasks effectively for the
efficient use of allocated labor ensuring maximum results are
achieved and daily production needs have been met in a timely,
organized and efficient manner.
* Responsible for complete set up, cleanliness and organization
of all kitchen areas.
* Must act as a manager, team leader and motivator for the
kitchen staff working closely with and maintaining good relations
with all culinary team members and other departments.
* Must assist with documenting and enforcing food safety
procedures and workplace safety procedures.
* In case of an employee failed to comply with rules of conduct
listed on Le colonial employee handbook, Sous Chef is required to
follow up with the employee and issue a documentation to record the
* Sous chef should be aware of the company's rules of conduct
listed on employees handbook
* Sous chef Must be able to assign cleaning schedules to kitchen
porters and follow up till completion
* Responsible for training new employees and following up with
them daily to ensure they are trained properly on grill
* Work with Administrative Manager to provide all necessary
tools, documents, menus, training materials for new hires.
* Must lead by example, be consistent and strive to only serve
the best quality product. Absolutely no short cuts!
* Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers
* Guide, motivate and develop employees. Reach out to Executive
Chef, General Manager and corporate management team when dealing
with a challenging employee.
* Required to expedite food from the line stations and
responsible for arranging tickets and ordering food preparation so
that customers receive food in the order it should be sent out.
* Must communicate with Main expo and other sous chefs to make
sure all food on the same ticket goes out at the same time.
* Responsible for ensuring that food that leaves the kitchen
station is of the highest quality and will make diners happy.
* Ensure that portions are correct, and the food is plated in an
attractive manner according to our presentation guidelines.
* Work with Receiver and Conduct quality checks of goods
received, if product is not up to standards DO NOT USE IT.
* Responsible for the organization of cooler/freezer and product
rotation. The walk-in cooler must be checked daily. Follow up with
Butcher and prep team to make sure all product is stored properly
according to HACCP guidelines.
* Must maintain the highest proficiency in food safety standards
and proper storage practices. Review and train all kitchen staff on
proper storage procedures and food safety guidelines.
* Conduct food inventory every Month efficiently.
* Monitor product quality and report any product issues to
* Responsible for controlling and eliminating the waste of
* Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by
* Required to schedule accordingly, and monitor the labor
* Weekly schedules to be submitted to Executive Chef by
Wednesday every week for approval
* Check employees attendance daily, and record/ report any
tardiness to Executive chef
* Salary 55k-60k
* 50% Medial Compensation for Employee.
* Growth Opportunity with future location openings.
* Bonus Potential