Sterile Processing Tech - Sterile Processing Tech Job in Gainesville, GA
Company: Gifted Healthcare
Posted on: November 15, 2019
JOB REQUIREMENTSSterile Processing Tech (SPD Tech) Travel
JobSterile Processing Techs, or SPD Techs, are responsible for the
decontamination, cleaning, processing, and sterilization of
supplies and equipment. As an SPD Tech, your role will be to ensure
client satisfaction while also adhering to the highest quality and
compliance standards. You'll prepare surgical trays and supplies in
a safe and cost-effective manner using established policies and
procedures. Our preferred Sterile Processing Tech SPD Tech
candidate takes pride in maintaining a clean and organized facility
and works well as part of a team.Sterile Processing Technician SPD
- Clean, decontaminate, and sterilize general and specialty
surgical instruments, power equipment, and endoscopes in accordance
with Manufacturer's Instructions For Use (MIFU).
- Sterile Processing Tech provides supplies as needed for
- Inspect, package, and reassemble surgical instruments and trays
according to established priority.
- SPD Tech manages quality control testing and monitors the
sterilization of equipment, maintaining the records, preparation,
and dispatch of surgical cases.
- Supply and Equipment Tech must practice High Level
Disinfection, Pre-Vacuum Sterilization, Gravity Displacement
Sterilization, and Hydrogen Peroxide Plasma Sterilization
techniques in accordance with MIFUs.
- Assure that the standards of operation of the department comply
with the standards set by regulatory agencies, such as the state
Department of Health, Joint Commission, and other regulatory
- SPD Tech dispenses products requested by verbal, written, or
telephone requisitions for equipment and supplies.
- Replace lost or damaged instruments as required to complete the
- Sterile Processing Tech obtains, completes, and submits all
forms to verify appropriate work assignments.
- Sterile Processing Tech must have knowledge of surgical
instrumentation and the ability to assemble surgical trays with a
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral
bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a
nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
FACILITY DETAILSThis facility is part of a larger, not-for-profit,
community health system, dedicated to improving the health and
quality of life of the people of Northeast Georgia. It offers a
full range of healthcare services and was rated as Georgia’s #1
Hospital (according to CareChex), the #2 Hospital in the Nation and
among only twenty large community hospitals named to Truven
Healthcare’s list of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals.
Nicknamed the “Queen City of the Mountains” Gainesville, GA is
located 52 miles’ northeast of Atlanta, on the shore of Lake
Lanier. Lake Sidney Lanier offers many recreational opportunities
on your day off or after a long shift, including canoe and kayak
rentals at the Olympic Venue! Be sure to take a stroll through
Downtown Gainesville, located in the heart of the city. It is where
you can explore unique boutiques, live music, vendors, and local
restaurants. Arts fans have plenty of attractions to choose from,
the Gainesville Ballet, the Gainesville Symphony, the Smithgall
Arts Center, or the art galleries at Gainesville State College,
just to name a few. With varied cultural opportunities, Blue Ridge
Mountains, lakes, parks, and the short distance to Atlanta,
Gainesville is one of Georgia’s most favorably located cities.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one
person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our
rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that
Do you remember why you became a Sterile Processing Tech, at
GIFTED? We do!
Keywords: Gifted Healthcare, Atlanta , Sterile Processing Tech - Sterile Processing Tech Job in Gainesville, GA, Healthcare , Gainesville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!